Friday, April 14, 2006

Lexicon Laughs

My favorite new term: "recreational genomics". Apparently, new science companies have emerged—like DNAPrint—which will sequence your DNA to determine your ethnic ancestry for a "small" fee. The angle: the results could allow you to check minority boxes on financial aid forms for college, for example.
Of course, there are excellent reasons for undergoing genetic testing, as well...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night, Noel had me rolling with laughter.
She told me, "I'm SICK!!! There's a thorn in my tummy! Call the fire department!!"

Raucous laughter was probably NOT the proper "good" Mommy response, but I couldn't help myself. I dialed my brother the doctor, once my snorting subsided...

12 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

that is a snorter, hope the little one is OK

rebekah said...

it's probably just a cry for attention

from the fire department

should have just humoured the poor child and just called them

i'm sure they would have gotten a kick out of it

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

SFMD:
:D

Fishlamp:
:D

Rebekah:
:D
You're right; I shoulda.

Unknown said...

could we get an mp3 file of the snort?!

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Narthex:
*laughing*
It would break your eardrums, dear Narthex.

Groucho Castaneda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Groucho Castaneda said...

Dear God, you had a child suffering from Gastrospinitis and all you did was laugh? That's it - I'm calling Child Services on your ass!

What are your plans for Friday looking like?

Hon Don Gerard said...

So, I am sure you are aware they broke the whole genomics schlemeil-thingy before they could even complete the building for it on the U of I campus...So, then it was briefly referred to as the "Post-Genomics Institute"...Since then I have taken it upon myself to spearhead a program designed for research by those not entirely sold on the notion called the "Fence Post-Genomics Institute"...You in?

Mummy/Crit said...

I love your Noel posts. Your comedy moments remind meso much of my own!

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Groucho:
LMAO. I'm caught.
And hopefully next time. :)

Don:
LMAO. Scientists are a hard lot to keep in-line. I'm definitely in. ;)

Mummy:
Aww! Thanks so much, dearie! And speaking of yer lil one...I'll drop by for a visit to see what you guys have been up to.... :)

Lever said...

"Recreational Genomics" huh? LOL

Look, I know it's nice to find *something* to keep people with a PHD in "advanced pipette & test tube management" in work, I mean there's not that many jobs in the paper for them inbetween the clamour for burger flippers and lavatory cleaners, but you don't have to tell me I need to pay a "small" fee for the luxury of being reminded I'm a mongrel Anglo Saxon Celtic Irish Pict Scot Dane :p Hell, Michael Moore even wrote a book about me ;)

You got that thorn outta Looty's belly yet? Oh wait... that was AGES ago... LOL ;) :p

Jay said...

How did she know it was a thorn?
Had she, perchance, recently swallowed any thorns?