Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Legal Angle

The latest batch of travels was not glamorous, but still necessary. Destinations in this round included Delaware, Southern Pennsylvania, and upstate New York.
I was pretty worn down by the end of it, and driving was not ameliorated by the pounding, waterfalls that met my windshield for several consecutive hours.
So after an ice cream break (read: sugar injection), I told my 4-year-old that I didn’t feel like driving any more and nonchalantly asked her if she minded taking over. She stopped dead in her tracks and seriously pondered the offer. However, she reminded me, “Mom, I don’t have a driver’s license.”
“Oh, right”, I said.
Noel responded, “Maybe we could get me one soon…”

Sure, I’ll get right on that….. ;)

10 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

I love those moments when they take you seriously by accident. We had our parent/teacher interview this afternoon, and the teacher was telling us that she has a list of quotes from the kids which she will publish anonymously at the end of the year. Lots of good gems there she reckons.

Lever said...

I reckon if we give Noe the keys to the Volvo that'll be OK - we can then afford a few shunts & bumps and not have to worry about the old Swedish Tank as everything else will be toast and the HGV will still be intact :) Waddya think?

Kat E said...

Hey, if Sean Preston Spears can drive, why can't Noel?? Too cute ;)

Unknown said...

yes, but was she really taking bbfk seriously 'by accident?' ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Mummy/Crit:
I bet she could make $$ on a book like that...

My Lever:
LMAO.
Aw, you're a great parent already! You can handle the driving training, hon. ;) Where do you think we should release her? Near Leslie's house, perchance?

Kat E:
:D
That's right, nothing but the best for my girl...if Britney the wondermom allows it, then...er....

Narthex:
*laughing* Well, I'm hoping it's not a trend....

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Fishlamp:
Aww! *laughing* That would be so nice...maybe we all will converse someday...

ergo said...

You have raised her so responsible. There are some kids who would just jump into the driver's seat.

=)

rebekah said...

seriously, as bad a driver as i am, i have only the most utter and complete faith that she'd be a safer bet behind the wheel than i am ... so yeah, drivers license, give it a try ... ;)
open mindedness and all that, lady ...

Jay said...

This girl has all the answers.

How did she learn to be so practical anyway?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ergo:
Hopefully she will one day vote responsibly, as well.
:)

Rebekah:
*laughing*
I think I'm gonna let Lever handle the driving lessons in the Tank..er...i mean, Volvo. :)

Jay:
:)
Gosh if I know. ;)