Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ket-chup

You gotta wonder what your day has in store for you when you slip on a rotting banana peel on the way in from the parking garage. A Three Stooges kinda day seems relatively harmless and certainly amusing....hmmmm...

In the mean time, I am fantasticly behind on my blogging. It only took 5 days of telling myself, "I'm gonna blog TODAY" to actually sit down and do it. I've got the usual excuses...traveling, a blur of holiday-related events, oh and just being in more of a "reading"-mood than "writing"-mood. I just finished a Confederacy of Dunces actually. It turned out to be an excellent book for a laugh and anyone who wants to slag-off their job.

Anyways, here's the top 10 things that I meant to blog about during my recent hiatus away from this forum....

10.) Happy New Year's to my lovely blogland friends!!!

9.) Noel saved a bird. Well, at least the clever girl heard a bird flapping around our front hallway and alerted me...then we let him out. This is the fourth time this has happened in a year period. I need to investigate how they get in...(my guess is the vent to my bathroom...but how that connects to the front hallway is another matter...)

8.) There's been some solid movies available lately...my favs: The 40 year Old Virgin; Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; The Constant Gardner.

7.) Noel has gotten successful enough at eating with chopsticks that she wouldn't starve. I figure that's a good marker.

6.) I managed to regain my ability to eat at a human pace during my trip to England and have maintained it since then. Woohoo!


OK. AND I will stop there, lest I never push the "Publish Post" button. ;)

10 comments:

Lever said...

WooHoo Indeed :)

Welcome back to the land of the blogging ;)

So, where you been? You say you were in England huh? Flood any bathrooms? Lose anything? Tell me you got towed or got someone else towed ;)

Oh, and talking of pushing buttons... you just reminded me of a small wacky bit o' my dream last night...

I was in the same room as Dubbya (and no, I didn't throttle him... told you it was wacky ;) ) When he walked past me I started singing the words of "Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers... "My finger... Is on the button!"

Freaky huh?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
Wow, you're even having political dreams. It sounds like you're threatening W with this one...I wish you did have the power to oust him for behaving badly, babe.

And I'll describe how I menace England in the last 5 of my Top 10. ;)

Fishlamp:
Hi!!! Good to see your words, too, my friend. :D I'll be by soon...

Lever said...

Menace... LMFAO ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Big Ed:
Naw. How could I ever do that to such a sweet crowd? ;)
I just get caught up in other things occasionally, but I always come back. I'm like a loyal dog. :D
And Cheers, to you, too!

Groucho Castaneda said...

My three hypotheses for your prolonged absence were:

#1) She's off seeing family out of town.

#2) She's across the pond getting a fresh infusion of limey juice.

#3) Oh no - something terrible happened to her and/or Noel and she's hospitalized, grieving, or already buried in the family plot! Poor BBFK... she could be rotting in the ground already, and we'd never know, would we? Because if she did die, I really doubt any of her family members would think to post a notice to her blog (and would Blogspot.com even grant them access?). Come to think of it, if I died, would my family go rooting through my various email accounts and blogs? If they did, it might prove quite incriminating. I ought to tell one of my best friends that, in the event of my death, they are to log on to my various accounts, notify anyone who needs to be notified of my demise, then delete the whole shebang. But I digress... poor, dear, sweet, innocent Becky. Okay, maybe not so poor or innocent... sweet, dear Becky, how could any God allow this to happen to you? Damn this cruel existence!


[ahem]

Glad to see it was #2.

Elissa L. said...

Completely agree with you on confedercy if dunces. Read that book by mistake once and loved it.

Lever said...

LOL @ Groucho *tsk*

Isn't Confedracy of Dunces just another term for government?

rebekah said...

i'm still waiting for photographic evidence of this so called trip to england ...

Jay said...

Glad you made it back all in one piece, or at least pieced together enough to write all about it.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Groucho C:
HaHA, you. *pokes you with finger*
It was actually half option one and half option two. Although, I will now revise my will to get the blogger community straightened out in the case of my devise. Thanks. ;)
However, i *would* like to question how "innocent" has been striken from my description? What assumptions have been made to indicate that this owrd does not apply? Hmmm? *taps foot*
:P

Punk Rock Mom:
Cool! Yeah, a friend actually recommended it to me...it was a nice find. :D

My Lever:
*laughing*
Seems so, particularly with certain administrations.

Rebekah:
AH. There isn't much, but what I have was uploaded on flickr....

Jay:
Thanks, lady. *huge grin*