Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Crumbs

Well, this blog has certainly been living up to its name. If you've been depending on this for reading, you might as well be licking rocks for sustenance. Sorry 'bout that, guys. ;)

Realistic expectations are important in life. But could you blame me for thinking that a STATE PARK might have:
-Access to nature without spending more than the gas it took to get there—certainly not a hefty additional $9. Oh, when forests were free....
-The ability to explore aforementioned nature without getting knocked down by rabid boys on scooters (More specifically, Noe bloodied her elbow, not 3 minutes out of the car. In a fucking large prairie-like field, do you think it’s possible to steer around a little 4-year-old girl? Not enough SPACE, you say? *fierce Mom-growl*)
-A reasonable amount of geese poop-free grass. (I shudder to think about the bottom of our shoes...)
-Hiking without f*cking pavement (What happened to that 3 mile hike, Ms. Entrance Fee Snatcher? Contrary to your ascertains, Ms. Park Ranger claims there is NO 3 mile hiking path. Bitch.)
-Bird chirping without the bass-pumping background of "Gasolina"

While I'm here, I'd like to note that the fun of being on a completely suck-ass, chain-smoking, half-drunken co-ed softball team, is that you are practically the hero when you score that one, critical, pride-saving hit (Note: the score was 15-1 last night, after 5 innings....the game was cut short since they were winning by so much.) :D

And lastly, it was a year ago that I met my first English blogger in person. I think I can safely say that it has been life-changing, and an amazing ride ever since. I wanna be in his arms again....now if blogger could just be updated with teletransporting capabilities, I'd be all set....

11 comments:

Lever said...

"Lick these Rocks" LOL ;)

Hey, you gotta pay 9 bucks to keep shmucks like Weyerhauser from coming down to CT and logging your forest away ;)

Anyway, Noe's attraction of rabid scooter boys is quite a gravitational pull don't ya think? Watchout for the metal objects that come flying her way when she's older... you sure she hasn't got super powers? Is she really Baby Magneto?

Oh, and dig that fierce Mom-growl - I'd like to see that - bet ya can't do it infront of me without laughing ;)

So... who's this lucky Brit then, huh?

Unknown said...

Hmmm..."Lick these Rocks" reminded me of Give Them Stones by Mary Beckett. I think it relates to crumbs too!

Boy, wait til you take Noel to Florence and she sees all the young Italians on Vespas lined up at the light in front of the cathedral. Heh!

searchingforMrDarcy said...

oh is that why I've been losing weight. No crumbs. Good to have ya back.

It's CT. Everything is more expensive there.
sorry nature sucked. come back to IL, or better yet go to UK, maybe they have nature there.

Lever said...

LOL, Hey SfMD, we got nature :) There's a forest and a lake at the end of my road and, as BBFK will prolly tell ya, there's two pubs on the other side of it... Oops, going off topic there ;)

LOL @ Narthex, yeah but watch you don't get your purse snatched, the Italian scooter boys are reknowned for that :o

Mummy/Crit said...

Well done you two for your year. And yeah, $9 sucks for all that crap...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lucky Brit:
;)
LMAO. Catchy; I'll have to consider that name when I either get more lazy with my writing OR decide to go for more explicit blog content. ;)

Hey, I WOULD help save the forest, IF THERE WAS A FOREST TO SAVE. ;)
I'm not into fundraising for "save the pavement and geese-poop". ;)

*laughing* already...

Hey Narthex,
You think I'm gonna let my girl out with Italians, much less Vespas-weilding ones? She's not leaving the house for several decades. ;)
And that book sounds great...a heroic lady who bakes...I will add it to my (long) list of must-reads...

Aw, thanks, Fishlamp!

SFMD:
hee-hee.
ANd yes, my quest for nature will continue across the pond...where I already know it will be SO much easier...

My Lever:
Right. Yes, thanks for taking care of that. And I mention that forest+pub combo in conversations whenever I'm describing my future home...

Mummy/Crit:
Cheers, mate!
ANd we are still aspiring to have what you and your Beloved pulled off this year!

Jay said...

Nature is expensive.
Must be the upkeep, I'm not sure they pay the trees a fair wage.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Jay:
LMAO. Yeah, especially in this State Park—I think most of the trees had long ago walked off the job, as there were not an impressive number of them still hanging about. Maybe I should have given them more than $9.00....

rebekah said...

hehe licking rocks ... you people are so weird ...

:P

email me, lady. i wont be available telephonically much longer ... at least not for a while ...

pictures ... i'm all a-twitter now ...

Kat E said...

next time, ask me where to go for a good hike...I've managed to find a few decent spots in this state! (where did you go, anyway...so I can avoid it?!?)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah Dah-ling:
PICTURES! Super-cool! Did ya post them on the web...I think I'm gonna go track them down immediately. Right. ANd then, email. I'll get on that today. XO

Kat E:
Yeah. Sherwood Island State Park, BTW.
The issue will be mute soon, anyways....but if ya go for a local-ish hike, please ring me, aye?