Wednesday, February 21, 2007

There's this emoticon...

..that perfectly describes how I am feeling today. It's this little red-faced dude that bounces his head off a wall, over and over and over....

I found out today that due to an unlucky collection of circumstances, I will likely never be able to get a UK work permit (I've only been trying for near a year). Apparently they prefer lazy scabs here.

My lovely daughter screamed throughout a 5-10 minute (felt like 2 hour) walk through a grocery store today. Her face looked purple by the end of it.

While attempting to help retrieve her bike, my daughter and her friend locked me out of the house with no one left inside except the cat. I rummaged around our driveway, found a coat hanger, and used it to pull open one of the window handles. I broke into the front of our house. I figure I should keep my coat on, as I'm sure the cops we'll be round soon to arrest me...it's that sort of day.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear...becky would you like to borrow some of my mellow boring days? i'll let you know when one is scheduled to come up! hugs...

rebekah said...

bugger.

what on earth is their reasoning for not giving you a permit pray tell?

:: sigh :: i'm going to have to go over there and kick someone's ass, aren't i?

alright. bring it on.

Kat E said...

hang in there, lady! if we don't see another post from you in 24 hours should we assume they've locked you up? thanks for the lovely e-card, btw! call me sometime so we can catch up :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, what a day! Take it easy.

Mummy/Crit said...

bastards. what are they thinking with that work permit? I'm impressed with your housebreaking abilities though.

ergo said...

Ach. Sounds horrible.
Hope the day ended with you physically uninjured.

*hug*

Lever said...

Sweetheart, it's OK... now that you've demonstrated some criminal capabilities maybe you've just earned some entitlements ;)

Mummy/Crit said...

But Lever, doesn't it work the other way? didn't you _export_ your crims to the US (and then here, when the US spat the dummy) rather than getting them to come to you?

Hon Don Gerard said...

Chrissie Hynde was gonna marry Sid Vicious so she could stay.

Just a thought.

Jay said...

Wow - go stalk a bar and make out with sweet lady luck. You need it.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

hi there

Pooh said...

Hey Becky... long time no blogging for me. Just wanted to suggest you train that cat a little better! Maybe even see if 'it' can get a work permit!

I'd give you a work permit!!!! Miss ya and hope you are well since this!

Love P

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Narthex:
mmmm, nice hug...thanks :)

Rebekah:
LMAO.
Violence is the way. ;)

Kat E:
Yup, in the slammer.....er...or just off in Netherland for a bit. Check. Will call henceforth...

Patrick:
:D I've been teaching this little girl that I know to breathe when she gets really upset (she tends to hyperventilate.) I think I used those techniques myself that day...

Mummy/Crit:
My middle name is "illegal". ;)

Ergo:
:D s'ok. Thanks, Babe!

My Lever:
LMAO. Yup, you caught on to my newest plan already....

Mummy/Crit:
yeah, I think they have done...but not so much recently according to the news.

Don Gerard:
Right. Marry Sid Vicious.
Yeah, I could marry a dead guy to sort things....sounds about right. ;)

Jay:
Whew. All this advice...I'll put yours above the "get hitched to a dead guy" idea. ;)

SFMD:
Cheers!

Pooh:
Nice angle...the cat could afford to be more useful, methinks.
And keep your stinkin work permit, Nuz! I like living on the edge. ;)
*hugs*