Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Adventures in Bumblefuck-Land

The sum of this past weekend was consumed with a trip west to upstate NY.

I had the extreme fortune early on in the trip of rendezvousing at a lovely little Thai restaurant with a friend that I rarely see. SO rarely, that I was even more horrified and embarrassed than usual when Noel:

a.) farted during dinner b.) discussed kissing the friend c.) declared, "Just let me LOOK at it!" referring to a freckle on my arm that she has a fascination with.

Hopefully, most of these things went under the radar. ;)

Later on, in that same leg of the journey, I found myself saying to a nice older lady, "Well, it's OK, I can just call my parents to help me out." What am I? Age 15?

One lovely discovery made while home, must be credited to my Mom. Thanks to her "browse this magazine" suggestion I was able to find this very sacrilegious food item. Take note: ingesting the lamb of god is calorie-free!

And then the picture here was taken during the return trip. I used to watch that show religiously (well, at least as regular as I can be about TV programming).

11 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

The funny thing is, she IS shy (like me). The trouble is, once she warms up, things gets wacky and interesting... :D

ergo said...

Tangy tarts of scripture? I am dying. Who comes up with this stuff?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

LMAO. Those lambs were the butt of jokes for a good 5 minutes, at least. :D I love it.

rebekah said...

hehe
doll there are worse things than kisses and farting
esp coming from a four year old
sounds like a terribly exciting time to me

Mummy/Crit said...

Hey, I have a dish that I cook that I call Lamb of God...it's aa Kashmiri roast leg of lamb and it is commmonly a transcendental experience...

I love that phase of trying to educate the small child that it is not really OK to fart during meals.

Soundsl like you had a good time though.

Lever said...

(OCC - YES!!) Hmmm, funny that... it's usually YOU that farts at the table dear *tsk*

OH, and keep a couple of those gummys in your pocket sweetheart, they could come in handy against vampires. Myabe they'll get a roll-out in Underworld 3 ?

Kat E said...

OK...first of all I found her begging to look at your freckle much funnier than her farting, for some reason.

Secondly, I will just note that the one fart-related rule in our house is NO FARTING WHILE WE'RE EATING. It's actually difficult to adhere to since we're usually so liberal with the gaseous emissions. So BBFK, stop farting at the table and maybe your girl will too!

Thirdly, I cannot believe I missed the lamb of god gummies. I get that damned catalog for fuck's sake. Thanks for pointing them out--I need a gift for my dad. ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah dahhhling,
Yes, she's quite good, aye? She just says and does a couple of little things to keep me on my toes...ya know, to keep my "mom skills" sharp. ;)

Mummy/Crit:
Wow, that sounds quite delicious! No comparison, to these probably stale, who-knows-what-flavor, lambs of god.

My Lever:
Look, honey. If you've ever heard any fart-like noises from my direction, it was only to cover for your constant leakage. I'm good at making chairs squeak, which has nothing to do with gas.

Why, have those gummies been blessed? I can see it now: for a mere $10 extra, receive papal-blessed lambs...AND imagine a vampire dying from injestion of a blessed lamb...that would be an excellently grotestque death! :D

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Kat E:
Yes, i think I was the most horrified by that, as well...

ANd YOU of all people should not be taken by Lever's coy attempt at starting false rumors about me. Have I EVER once farted over lunch (like we've had every other day for a year and a half, now? C'ummon...truth!)

No prob on the gummy find. ;) (I included the calorie-free info for you, since I know you track that kind of thing...)

Brom said...

was it..."Are you going to snog him Mum"? (One assumes it was a "he")... hilarious.

If your friend was anything like me then a good plate of food will certainly grab all the attention, so you probably got away with it!

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Well, it was something like that, except more American..."snog" isn't
so common... ;)

It is a relief that he was probably unawares... 'Course if he ever happens upon my blog, then my cover will be blown...