Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What's Cookin' Honey?

"I need something CHEESY"
- Wallace and Gromit


Cheesy Tuna Shell Casserole

1 tbsp margarine
1 medium onion
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (6 ounces) tuna (drained)
1 cup frozen peas
8 ounces shell pasta
1/2 cup crushed potato chips

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the shell pasta in boiling water (about 11 minutes) and drain.

2.) While the pasta is cooking (pronounced "pes-ta" if you're British *wink*) chop the onion.

3.) Melt the margarine over high heat in a 2-quart sauce pan and then add the chopped onions (saute 3 minutes).

4.) Stir in the soup, milk, worcestershire sauce, mustard, and pepper. Stir frequently and bring to a boil.

5.) Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until smooth.

6.) Add the tuna (separating it into flakes with a fork) and the peas.

7.) Combine the tuna mixture and the cooked shells in a 2 quart casserole dish.

8.) Crush the potato chips and sprinkle them over the top.

9.) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes (until heated throughout.)

4-year-old Review:
Picked off potato chips for consumption after eating several shells. Then picked through mixture for the peas.

Two Hours Later: "My teeth are very stinky. I must go change them."

Thirty-two year old review: Nice flavor and texture. I'll deal with the stinky teeth just to get this in my belly...

("I'm just CRACKERS about cheese!" - W &G)

13 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Hang on a tick, she picked through it to get _to_ the peas?? What kind of child do you have there?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

LMAO
Well, maybe she doesn't have the AVERAGE 4-year-old palate. No fear though...she still tries to sneak in all the candy she can. She especially has a thing for lollipops. I've decided that my official stance on suckers is that they suck (unless you're trying to be charmingly sexy and are coyly twirling it around your tongue in a suggestive manner. But that serves a different purpose. ;) )

Lever said...

Look, BumbleFuck, it's Pa-sta not friggin' par-sta... you sound like Lloyd Grossman saying that and his accent is just weird, some sorta weird medley of American trying to be posh Brit... :p

Anyway, I'm in the mood for Banana Bread and Magic Cookies right now ;) :*

Lever said...

Oh, and how's littl'uns new teeth? ;)

Mummy/Crit said...

'a' like in 'hat' 'cat' 'mat'....actually, the US pronunciation is more common here than the English (my mum uses the english one, and we think she's weird) with the long 'a' sound in 'father'

rebekah said...

i sometimes too have a problem with stinky teeth

that's delicious

Lever said...

LOL @ M/C :D

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Well, Mr. Lever, you almost always make me swoon with your words....but "pesta"....un-uh *shakes head*

And the little lady had to suffer without new teeth. Although, there wasn't MUCH suffering...she forgot about in a minute, anyways. ;)

Fishlamp:
Me and the mail haven't been getting on of late. I could do it, but I'm sure it would be a green scary monster by the time it arrived. ;)

Mummy/Crit:
*grin* Thank you. The Aussies now how to claim the best of all worlds....

Sweet Rebekah:
You know how to make everyone feel good.

My Lever:
seee! *giggle*

Brom said...

Oh yeah, the old parsta thing, goes with the parmajaan, it's pronounced parmazan OK.

Hell, you can't even spell pyjamas properly.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Brom:
*laughing*
Oh, so you're saying I have more mispronunciations to look forward to? Life is so amusing.....

Big Ed:
I'm telling' you, that recipe is SO worth it (although next time I may add a little extra worcestershire sauce...love the sauce. ;) )

*cheesy grin* ;)

rebekah said...

I NEEEEED SOmETHING CHEESY!
i found myself saying that today
i'm a little bit missing you
ok a lot missing you
when i have a free moment from all the work i do i might be able to give you a call one of these days

Jay said...

I think you should get N to review food professionally. I already feel like I know everything I need to know about this dish.

Of course, I have never in my life tried tuna, and I sort of doubt that this is the time for new things. I mean, I'm 24, not dead, and don't eat tuna. That can't be coincidental, can it? Jason feels the same way about peas.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah:
Awww, *squeeze*
You're so cute and I love it.
There is something fun about saying, "I NEED something CHEESY".

Miss Jay:
Oh, you are *definitely* onto something. That tuna/no death link is genius!! And I tend to agree with Jason on peas, but obviously my little lady doesn't agree (and I DO think it VERY dodgy that a relation of mine would *search* for peas...hmmm...). Anyways, I included the peas for Noel. ;)