Monday, November 01, 2004

Trepidation about the Future

I feel like my world is slowly crumbling. The bricks that form the base of my stability are being removed. I guess it's good that I'm given a small forewarning before it happens...little hints here and there that things are not going to work out. Too bad it coincides with less daylight: it all conspires to lessen the probability of my emergence from bed in the morning. How will tomorrow add or detract from that? I'm anxious to know and really the polls just fuck with your mind and don't give useful clues to the outcome. My one consolation is that it'll be decided tomorrow; although the back of my mind tells me that likely, that's not true either. I'm old: I like blue cheese and care about politics. I miss the days of being annoyed at my parents for making us sit through the news and then watch MASH. I was the most clueless of little girls...my straight A's were marred by current events quizzes where I would even miss teacher gimmees like "Who ya gonna call?" I was so uncool. Should I be using past tense?

No comments: