Friday, August 19, 2005

9:30am: I've already done my damage today

Today kicked off awkwardly. Noel and I reluctantly went through the morning routine, acutely aware that having done this 4 other days this week, we were bored. However, we plodded on with the weekend and its little adventures in sight, and with prospects of a friend/dog visit. We arrived at Noel's babyschool and prepared to part, not before doing the usual friendly bits with the women there. I started up a conversation.....
BBFK: "How are you, J?"
J: "Good. Tired."
BBFK: "I saw you last night..."
J: "Oh, where was that?"
BBFK: "At your boyfriend's. [He lives 3 houses down from me.] I was out for a run and called your name to say hi..."
J: "....That wasn't me."
BBFK: *confused* "Oh. Well a girl parked her car and went to his house. She looked just like you, but it was dark, so I couldn't see her face clearly..." *trailing off + looking disheartened*
J: "What was she driving?"
BBFK: "A VW."
J: "Red?"
BBFK: "Yeah."
J: "Yeah...I know who she is."
BBFK: *deflated look + stumped for what to say, as "Sorry that I've just given you evidence that your boyfriend is fucking another woman" just didn't seem right*
BBFK: "Oh."

8 comments:

Lever said...

Ooops! OK, I'm trying to keep a straight face... that's funny but terrible at the same time...

You should have said, "Oh OK, 'cos before the red VW turned up there was a green Chevy, and before that showed up there was a blue Ford... and before the blue Ford got there..."

Then *maybe* she'd have thought you were joking :S

Michele in Michigan said...

whoopsie! A-hem....excuse me for a moment...

LOLOL

Hon Don Gerard said...

i hope her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend's name isn't krazee eyez killa...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
*pouts* You need to be around to help me out of these sticky situations, dear!

Michele IM:
*smile*

Don G:
There is that exciting possibility....*especially* 'cause I called the OTHER woman "Jamie" (and she must have heard me). I would guess that that might not have gone over well last night... Other girl: "Who's Jamie?" dude:"Oh, honey, that neighbor-chick is crazy, there's no other women coming around here but you...now c'mere for a little lovin'!" Other girl: *slaps dude* ;) I could see him trying to smooth his way out of that one and end up girl-less at the end....

B. Ed:
Well, I didn't think the weekend would be *boring*, just not the sort of fun that you manage to have... ;)

ANd to be honest, I don't feel guilty. ALthough J may feel temporarily bad, she needs to know so can find a boy of the quality she deserves!

Lever said...

LOL, yeah, Princess, I'll bring my blaster and the Wookie just as soon as I've found somewhere to park the Millenium Falcon...

rebekah said...

ohhh boy ... talk about foot right in the mouth ... tha'st like something i'd do ... except i wouldnt have been quite so tactful ... hehehehehehe (i so shouldnt laugh ... i'm an evil wench) ...

rebekah said...

:P ed. never said i wasnt ...

:)

ergo said...

I guess it's better to know than to not know.
*ouch*