Sunday, August 14, 2005

Carnival

Carnival
Carnival,
originally uploaded by beckybumblefuck.
We had a classic festival outing.

We went on the rides.....

........The picture illustrates the headlock Noel puts me in as the

merry-go-round shakily starts, and continues to vibrate. She has a

stronger inhibition of danger than I do, apparently.



We played the games.....

.........Well, admittedly, just one, 'cause they are a rip-off and

they didn't even bother to have a duck-pond: the gold-standard in kids

festival games. The neighbor's scheme to assuredly win a prize for

Noel at the water-gun game (be the first bloke to squirt enough water

in a clown's mouth to break a balloon and win), was ruined when a

horde of straight-shooting kids showed up. Despite her brainstrom that

I should whore myself out in order to procure a nice, yellow, stuffed

duckling, I walked away. I felt complemented by her confidence in my

abilites to induce the gentleman game-operator to part with the

aforementioned duck, ("He's cute! Just batt your eyes and

smile...."), but the duck just wasn't THAT cute. And my girl already

has the amount of stuffed animals that should take 10 years to

accumulate (including a yellow duck, BTW)



We ate the food.....

........Although, here we diverged from the usual festival experience.

There was a cultural twist to this one. Instead of corn-dogs, cotton

candy, and fudge, the fare at this fest included

sausage/peppers&onions, cannolis, lemon ice, and pizza frittas.

Mmmmm...Evviva gli Italiano!

8 comments:

Lever said...

Oh bugger. I just *knew* there was something I was supposed to be doing on Saturday. Sorry I couldn't come over honey, I had some transportation issues ;)

I wanna go to a fair now... not been to one in ages... I'd make you walk home with TONS of toys LOL

Thing about cotton candy/candy floss is that it always sticks to your face... same as the jam and sugar from donuts... I think it's a conspiracy that we should all go home feeling good from having had a good time but looking stupid with our sugary beards... yes, even the ladies... LOL

rebekah said...

:)

i dig the big scary rides. toughen that kidlet up ... tell her to be a man ... :D

mmm cotton candy ... though in a pinch on a hot day, italian ice will do, as well ...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Keeefer:
"candy floss", huh? Either we're having a language barrier issue or you're suggesting to directly wedge cavity-inducing substances between our teeth. Now is that very nice? *big wink + laughing* oh, wait and then puke...*more laughing...*

Big ed:
*symapthetic smile* Aww, poor you....OK. Now I understand WHY my neighbor recruited us to accompany her to the fair and bought me a nice crushed-ice mudslide drink, and Noel a glowing necklace.

My Lever:
Aw, babe-we missed you, but we weren't mad that you didn't come with us. ;)
So you're going to win us armloads of stuffed goodies next fair, aye? *laughing....*
And I'd lick off your sugar for you....

Rebekah:
Yeah. I'm trying. Basically I just go on rides with her, and she yells and clamps onto me in a bruise-inducing fashion for the first half and then relaxes for the second half. Then we get off and she whines for more...."Again! Again!" (Another example of MOM KNOWS BEST.)
They ran out of Italian ice *literally* just as we walked up to the front of the line. We were devestated. But then we spied an ice cream truck and got one there. Unfortunately, it was so hard, we barely got past the surface with it. AH, well.

Lever said...

Damn! I dropped my cotton candy... now I got sugar on my strides...

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Oh my goodness are you getting spammed on your blog?!

Glad you had a good time at carnival.

Jay said...

Oh man, it is spammerific in here today. Much tastier than all that carnival food! What? That didn't even sound like fair fare to me. I think I am definitely countrified. Especially since it was only this past year that I learned what you Americans mean by "corn dog" which is a totally disgusting expression for an only mildly disgusting food - pogos! Sheesh.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

How is possible to spam a blog. BBFK dear you have got to hit that little trash can button. Bastards.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
Look dear, ya messed your shoes. You better clean that up....
*turns away and laughs ass off*

SFMD:
Ah, thanks for your indignant reaction about that crap-spam. That's how I felt, too...

And yes: carnival last weekend. What do YOU want to do this weekend, my dear?

Shina:
Hmmmm...I couldn't translate that. AND yes, keep a look out, aye? *grin*

Jay:
Dahhhling, I need to be enlightened with what proper carnival food entails. And *pogos* = corn dogs? At least "corn dogs" gives ya an idea of the ingredients involved....well, the "corn" part, not the "dog" (I hope!)