Friday, August 12, 2005

Cool Kid at School......

Cool Kid at School......
Cool Kid at School......,
originally uploaded by beckybumblefuck.
....I'm definitely NOT. In fact, today I felt like a complete

recluse. That was sort of odd, considering I was in NYC for the day.

It's always weird feeling lonely when you're surrounded. I had the

distinct feeling all day that there was some big secret that I was not

privy to. Here are the incidences and observations which fed that

fire.....

1.) It all began when I spied a truck driving down the train tracks,

as I was sweating it out at the station (The East coast is currently

very stickystickysticky. Did I mention it's been humid out recently?)

Ummmmm....since when did TRUCKS drive on TRAIN tracks? (Check out the

picture....those red lights in the distance are the rear break-lights

of a truck.)

2.) The meeting that I had to attend was on a topic that I very

recently started learning about and only had a 17% likelihood of

pronouncing correctly. The people-involved rattled off acronyms and

technical jargon at a quick pace, oftentimes talking over each other.

Lucky me...I'm the lackey that gets to implement all their wording

desires...just as soon as I figure WTF they were talking about, that

is.

3.) Ripply-muscled cops jumped on our crammed elevator as we rode in

the wrong direction to the lobby. They bantered about a guy who was

"able to walk around." Um....yeah. Normally not a noteworthy skill.

(As a nice bonus, the cop took an extra second to make a single

comment to my boss that got her rattled enough to pull me aside for a

confidence boost sort-of-question. Props, NYPD.)

4.) A stretcher rolled out of the hotel to a near-by ambulance.

5.) After managing to squeeze my body into one of the 2 seats left on

the densely populated train and position my bag in a way that didn't

encroach on other people's space, I realized that the boob-level

button of my shirt had worked its way undone.

6.) I found the driver's side car mirror on Car-bie was scratched to

shit. *shrugs shoulders* Wasn't me. My poor wounded Car-bie, who

hurt you and how could they be so mean and careless? (Car-bie will

likely remain scarred...I'm too poor to worry about cosmetic fixes.)

[Note: Following a viewing of Herbie:Full Throttle, Noel christened

our car with the name, Car-bie.]

5 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Keeefer:
aawww. Ya *know* you have a good friend when he goes out of his way to make you think you've gone bonkers.....
Right. There's really NOT hordes of people in NYC...

rebekah said...

car bie ... that is ... bloody fantastic ... and i named my last car "steve." pfft. how's THAT for a lack of imagination ...

i like your nyc observations. very very much ... i'm observing out this here window and alls i see is a bridge and some trees and the wrinkled rumpled people boarding the city bus ... it's cool ...

I'M SO LONELY GET ONLINE AND TALK TO ME .....

Lever said...

Ah, my eagle-eyed girl :) I want one of those trucks that goes down the line, I'm sure I could get to London quicker than the train... oh wait, I can ;)

If someone had scratched your mirror here I'd fix it for you :) Bl**dy inconsiderate drivers...

And as for that undone button, here lemme fix that for ya too... :)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah:
*grin*
Yeah, we tend to create funky names fer things. Looty Lovekins is responsible for Carbie, though....
*wink*

Ah, my dear, lonely friend...you *know* I'm hear for you....

My Lever:
Hmmmm, maybe when you DO get your track truck, you'll have to be a little less lead-footed on the gas.... *wink*

And thanks for taking care of me like that, sweetheart. *sigh + huge smile*

Kat E said...

you MUST tell me what the comment/question was (NYPD to boss/boss to you, that is)!!!