Friday, June 17, 2005

Salty me

Let's start nice.

There's this adorable little store down the street from where I work. It sells cool, off-the-wall foods at amazingly good prices. They have friendly people that work for them and reliably offer samples of their foods while you're browsing their store. The store is set up in a grid pattern so it's easy to negotiate and you're greeted with an abundance of flowers at the door. SO just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Noel and I got ourselves arranged in a carriage and got to it: starting with bananas. Which is when it happened. This granola-looking boy pulled out a bag of long balloons and asked us what we desired. Noel quickly replied "A dog!" and the reply was "oh, that's easy." And then, he quickly fashioned a pink dog for Noel (and meanwhile I did some balloon research: apparently the *pig* is the hard one to make, BTW.) We went about our business then, with our newly acquired pink balloon-dog. Of course, the 3-yr-old HAD to mess with it. Ya know: hug it, squeeze it, make it jump...all the things a balloon is not meant for. Before long the dog had unfolded and lost his rear and tail. Luckily all-purpose-Mom-skill-2,014 happens to be "Repair unfolded balloon-dogs" and I fixed it. Although we had since moved to the frozen-foods section, granola-boy appeared again to complement me on my skillz. By the time we were to the pizza sauce section, the dog had again come undone *sigh to 3-yr-old* and granola-boy once again was there to the rescue, asking if he could refold that for us...

And there ya have it. Props to the local food mart for finding new ways to please...

SO how *could* I be salty after that, aye?

Here's why.
1.) >90 degree weather, no air conditioner, and no screens in the windows. We live in a sweatbox.
2.) Broken glass outside my house due to severe delinquency of the owner of the house. Painting in the fall caused the storm glass to be removed...it was never replaced despite notes and many, many calls (and bad winter heating bills for me).
3.) Ants.
4.) A broken washer.
5.) The house owner that does not answer her phone or have an answering machine so that I can leave a message.
6.) Crap email from judgemental people.

Maybe I need to shop.....

12 comments:

Kat E said...

I think perhaps a trip to Target (that's Tar-jay, especially in cases like this) is in order!

Unknown said...

ah just go have a pint lass

searchingforMrDarcy said...

About the ants, I got um slightly after you. I picked up some of those little cans, and about 3 weeks later, I'm ant free. I think you can strategically place them out of Noel's reach.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Oh and sounds like your landlord severly sucks. Sorry Girl. What about purchasing a window air conditioner? Well take a cool bath and have a glass of wine. Hope you feel better.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Kat e:
Dangerous!!

Johnny crash:
Thanks for thinking about my armpits, babe. *laughing*
Yes, it is not a pretty site here.

God I'm naive about these things...to think I *believed* granola-boy! You've popped my bubble... (ahem)....back at 'cha...

*slam*

Mulgogi:
I couldn't have arranged it better myself...

Narthex:
Or get a dozen red roses. That'll do me, too.

SFMD:
Yeah, the 3-yr-old presence really gets me anxious about poison as a means for ant-control.
And fortunately, the temperature around here has vastly improved due to the weather and I've also contacted the health dep. about the landlord situtation.

Lever said...

I was chatting to some friends the other week and they had some guy making balloon models for the kids at some event... when the dog, or whatever model it was, got handed out it eventually unravelled and apparently ended up looking like a great big johnson...

Go take a shower my salty girl ;) :)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Shina:
Thanks for the sympathy, darlin'.
The cooler weather here has made the situation a bit easier to stomach.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
Yeah, ours did that too...and it wasn't long before it popped.
Wait what were we talking about again?
;)

And babes, you already fixed the saltiness.

Lever said...

LMAO - too cute ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
add *Lever's special, new-patented smiley* here

Keeefer:
Always optimizing, aren't ya?

ergo said...

I hear that Microsoft is working on designing an email filter designed to get rid of judgemental emails.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ergo:
laughing..I'm sure that filter would just pick up a select few people, but consistently...more laughing....