Thursday, June 30, 2005

Free Fallin'

My girl went off, leaving me to fend for myself. This *never* happened before (well since I became a mom)...a weekend, alone, unplanned.

So I'm learning to fly.....

We carpooled our way to the show. It was in Hartford, at their enormous outdoor amphitheatre. People were streaming in by the thousands, highschoolers, school age...did they get their artist straight? Maybe I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket at the door...and I forgot my book (the backup plan) *sigh* I thought, "I may have to lurk outside looking forlorn until half way through, someone takes pity..."

As soon as we integrated into the mass migration, the *happy* set in. God I enjoy concert-people watching! The current trend-the peasant skirt in its shortened form-was something that all body types were taking on, much to my pleasure. Surely many looked like sausages in their outfits, bursting out of their casings (probably hoping for help peeling off the wrappers later....) Then there were the bikini-tops (solid choice for an outdoor concert at night) and the ones that chose jeans that caused rolls to protrude, even if they weren't heavy.... The guys had less fashion and also less faux pas, but some still managed. For example there were those that chose to forsake shirt-wear and expose enough boxer to almost see ass-cheek from the bottom.

But I digress. Mmmm, concert. I *did* make it in without having to pander a doe-eyed, have pity-on-me style look or having anything confiscated at the gate. (How did all that skunk, that I smelled/viewed later, slip through?) So we identified our spot on the lawn and settled in. The new fashion of posting texts to a billboard kept us amused, slightly. Although, "the man" had definitely filtered out all the good stuff and distilled most messages down to "hi mom!" or "love you forever, bob" There was no swearing to be read or even a nice little sexual insinuation. We had to get by with little chuckles over the guy that proposed and the girl that responded, "No." Fortunately, our more immediate surroundings provided a slew of entertainment. SO much so, that S was caught uttering, "We have another crier", and "watch out!" as another boy took a roll down the hill. Drinking and grassy hills don't mix?! Mid second act, things got more serious though. The gentleman behind us stumbled over a young man (~10 yrs old?) *a couple times*. The mother reacted much as I would have: she got in the offenders face and uttered some choice words. The gentleman took the very-useful"It wasn't my fault" stance and with the aid of my friends S and J, things got to a boil. I tried my best to catch the gentleman's eye to give him my best, "I'm laughing *AT* you because you are a stupid, wasted drunk-ass frat boy...good luck standing"-look. The cloud passed and our lovely artists continued to rock out more of their best hits. In fact, only 3 songs fell outside of the best-of category, the one new one of note had the chorus "blah, blah,blah....crawl through the winda, I'm off to see Melinda..." Well, it was something like that. The point is that "window" and "Melinda" were being rhymed. *shakes head*

And that kicked off my Free Fallin' weekend....

10 comments:

Lever said...

LOL well lucky you and me weren't txting there, baby... we'd have turned it into a massive 60s style love-in ;)

But the people-watching LMAO... don't the sausages need a fork jabbed in them, halfway through cooking to let the juices out LOL

rebekah said...

uh who did you see ?

i love the concert peoples. so many different types to gawk at and make fun of/admire mentally ... it's partly why i love going to my little indie rock shows - all the beautiful freaks and i feel at home in my purple hair ...

and the pity thing rarely works ... it's all for one and damn to hell everyone else ... or maybe that's just texas ??

hehehe. sausage people... LOVE it :)

rebekah said...

and another thing: how come everytime i leave you a comment on your blog, i get an email that says "mail delivery failure" to your email address ? it doesnt make any sense ...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

My Lever:
*rolling on the floor laughing....* Baby, the world couldn't handle our texts ;)

Yeah, and I think that's why they chose those outfits. *wicked grin*

Rebekah:
Girl, you're like the planted person in the audience. I should give you money for askin' the right question. But I'm not tellin' yet. Gotta guess. ;)

So when are we going to see a purple hair picture? (Hmmmm. I gues I never tried purple. Just green, which turned out to be a bad idea-well at least with the stuff I used-cause really it was more grey looking. I looked like a witch, but it wasn't Halloween. ;) )

Huh. Well if the pity approach doesn't work in Texas, then the big meanies of the East coast would surely not be convinced, either...fortunately I didn't have to try that angle, so I can't say for sure.

And yeah. That returned email thing is wacky. I tried something to help, but I'm pretty positive it won't help. Will have to consider other ideas...

rebekah said...

you'll see a purple photo when i deem myself ok to take pictures of again. i dont want to subject you guys to my new fat or the spots that keep popping up on my face. or the dark rings under the eyes from lack of sleep ...

i'm a pretty, pretty lady :P

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah-lady,
With such a great name combined with the lovely words that leave your fingertips...I'm so *not* convinced that you're less than beautiful, girl.
Talk to the hand.
But that's cool...get sleep and take pictures later. ;)

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Where has your little one gone off too?

rebekah said...

*blush*

you're so nice. i can see why lever likes you so much :)

Kat E said...

Lovely recap of the evening. I think you nailed all the best moments ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

SFMD:
Actually, this is a bit of old news. We are managing to work up a *lazier* weekend than ever in good 'ole Norwalk. But you know that we'll be thinking of you during the fireworks, girl...

Rebekah:
[warning:about to enter mushy moment]*big sincere smile*I have been floored by the quality of people that I have discovered on the internet. I *adore* every bit of our blog community!

Kat e:
*bows* Thank you dear lady.