Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Becky "Law-Breaker" Bumblefuck

Work was more amusing today than usual, and not just because I was extraordinarily sleep-deprived. The BAD-ASS that I am, got in trouble for an exposed midriff. Although, today was not *actually* when the infraction occurred. (I think that they've been saving up this one for a little while, like a skunked beer in the back of the fridge.) Of course, maybe I shouldn't claim that, as I am generally pretty oblivious to the state of my shirt. I can tell you that it hadn't slunk up over my eyes for example, but otherwise, it's not something I generally monitor. The funny thing is that I'm not exactly strutting my shit all over the halls, picking up the non-existent male co-workers. Rather, I sit holed up in the last office at the end of the farthest hall, plunking away at my keyboard, rarely emerging for a water break or trip to the generally nasty toilet. Maybe I entered a schizophrenic state last week and turned myself in for "yet another day of unneccessarily pale tummy in full view"; otherwise I'm kinda confused about how it was bothering anyone. I promised to "be more diligent about monitoring my shirts in the future..."

On an unrelated note, despite a covered midriff, I *must* have looked like a hobo today. Following workday close, I hoisted Noel onto my back and did the treacherous block walk. A woman expressly pulled her car over to ask if we needed a ride. I refused. I actually *like* to *walk* regularly, although I guess other people only do it in cases of hardship.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Oh, they're just jealous.

cupcake said...

Hilarious. I am going to mail you a paisley cumberbun to wear at work. In case of mornings when you don't have time for a navel check.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Jay-
Well, then I guess that I better stop gloating about my rock-star boyfriend...oh, wait...I haven't found him yet.

Sz-
You're always looking out for my best interests, but maybe we should reconsider the *paisley* print...

Thanks, ladies!
BBFK

Pooh said...

Hey Becky.. Nice mid-drift shot!!!! Doin the sexy mom thing!!!! Guess I should be glad i didn't make the gates... though i'm sure I could have made it more fun!!

Later.. Pooh