Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I don't know *when* I'm going to die, but I do know *where*

Arrrgh! [growl of frustration]
I just returned from my walk down the block to purchase a *longer* shirt (see midriff post, yesterday). During that walk I was finally able to experimentally confirm that the most expensive county to live in, in the United States is also (drum roll, please...there's about to be some very shocking news revealed here) full of the most fucking self absorbed twits. Ok, so that's not too surprising. I would still like to present my new evidence. About a month ago, a man in an SUV making a right on red hit me and my daughter. *Lightly* hit, but I was still pretty shaken up. *Today*, a woman in an SUV came a couple of dangerous inches away from hitting me as I walked *in the pedestrian crosswalk* across the street. She started her parked vehicle and decided to pull out without, hmmm, without, I don't know, OPENING HER FUCKING EYES?! There's really no excuse! What? She needs a better view or something? She had the biggest SUV available, already! She gave me one of those pouty, "But what did I DO?" looks (which never works on other women) and when I ignored her and stomped across the street, she rolled down her window and yelled "sorry." I didn't even give her a glance. Self-involved bitch. I guess it's a good sign that I'm getting really pissed off these days at the thought of death by stupidity. And not my own stupidity, mind you.

6 comments:

Jay said...

You need to get one of those helmets with the flashing lights on top.

Unknown said...

you could have said to the suv driver, "next time why don't you put on mascara at the same time so you can poke your eyes out?"

at least then there could be some poetic justice...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

I think my main consolation is that I have very funny friends that make fun of me and the twits that I come across...
:)

Dave said...

Depending on how tough you are, you can always take the hit next time--then it's lawsuit city. One could probably make a bit of money off the oblivious SUV drivers. If they're driving a Focus or a Kia though, better to dive out of the way.

shinanos said...

Hi there! Somehow I succeeded to put yout blog to my LINKS yesterday...FINALLY, I managed to launch my blogger friends' unique challanges open in my E-blog :D ♪
They're so nice, quite unique, sometimes so crazy and odd GEEKs I betcha Becky-san! (I have another friend named Becky in my homeland, and I call her Beck-chan or Becky-chan, with sincerity. She's 1 year younger than me & engaged already. Also teaching English in Niigata)

If you like, please visit their blogs: there're full of discoveries

P.S.
Hello Mrs Jay!! I love your sweets blog, I love cooking and baking sweets too :)

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I can so totally picture BBFK with a flashing light helmet. I think it should have the siren too.