Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bubbletea bound

Chinese New Year's is more imminent that I had imagined; so I decided that my lust for bubbletea must be satisfied in celebration of the holiday and I found a nice website that promised to deliver some to my home. Oooo, the thought of those yummy, sedimented "bubbles" at the bottom of a fruity little drink had me all excited as I pushed the "calculate my order" button. Well, shockingly, my order price suddenly took on an extra Alexander Hamilton and I was all in a huff. How dare they make money off of shipping fees? And for straws and powder, no less...how much can that weigh? A solid half pound, altogether? I've noticed the annoying trend where companies seemingly offer a good deal and then just as you're about to close the transaction, you find an extra hefty-fee has magically been tacked on. Bugger-it-all, I say. I'll be obviously making a trip to NYC this weekend, to satisfy my craving for bubbletea, it seems-uh, no *I'm* not stubborn, at all. (And HOW can little Champaign, IL outclass CT by actually having 3 (THREE, mind you!) bubbletea houses, while there is not a single one to be found in my new place of residence? Bugger-that, as well!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. That tapioca is smokin', isn't it? Shampoo-banana 'bout as hip as they come for a wart on the ass of a cornstalk. I blame the old-school FDR liberalism of the CT political elite. All the bubbletea goes where the taxes reach lows. That's the sad truth, Becky, and a writer must live the sad truth same as everybody else. The only difference is she files a report on it...
-SCBAO

Jay said...

I have no idea what bubbletea is, but I do know the frustrations of shipping fees...I often think they must all be in cahoots.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ah, shucks...thanks for all that love. (Look there I go with my potty-mouth again...)