Monday, July 25, 2005

Champagne-Room Barbie

Champagne-Room Barbie
Champagne-Room Barbie,
originally uploaded by beckybumblefuck.
Tonight *could* have been a historical BBFK moment in a disastrous,

likely unprecedented way. I was doing my usual jog around the

neighborhood street, pushing a stroller full of Noel, when I noticed a

smallish, cat-like animal in the middle of the road blocking my path.

My instinctual alarms went off, but I was bullheaded and determined

not to break my stride (mostly because once I do, there is only a 50%

chance that I'll start up again). When I was 2 feet away I noticed

that the entire animal was black, with the exception of a bit of white

on his or her tail.... I then recalled the heinous smell that wafted

through my window the previous night. Fortunately, the skunk chose to

skitter-off instead of spraying me and my poor, unsuspecting, asleep,

3 year old.



So, the associated pictures were taken on the ferry-trip to Long

Island this past weekend. It was lovely, I'd like to report (and

thanks for asking darling, Rebekah). The food was good, no cars were

towed, and my friends were delighted to find a garage sale chock-full

of plastic goods to feed their barbie fetish (I'll have you know, Noel

and I escaped Barbie-free. *happy sigh*) Did you know that there

exists a champagne-room barbie van, complete with revolving bar stools

and a disco ball? My friends stopped themselves from buying that even

for a bargain 5 dollar price and went with the barbie VW bus, instead.



Anyways, I'd like to make a public apology to anyone that I owe an

email to. I still dig you, but the 1000-word days that I've been

putting in at work, have sucked all the email and blog life out of

me...well most of it anyways. For those of you who've received an

email in the last three days, you've gotten the star treatment; any

people with an email from me in the last week is on my special list;

anyone who hasn't heard from me in the last month shouldn't despair

yet, and if you've heard from me in the last 24 hours then you must be

my sweetheart, Lever. ;)

6 comments:

Jay said...

I had no idea about the champagne room barbie..and this makes me wonder whether barbie knows what a champagne room is! Noel is scrumptious as always.

Lever said...

Good to know the VW Bus was the chosen mode of toy transport... there's a beautiful '69 split up the road here with a Radio Flyer on the roof... v cool indeed :)

And you missed runnin' over Pepé le Pew...? phew. So those things spray you do they? Little buggers!!! I remember my first smell of skunk when you drove me to CT, babe. Nothing like the skunk we used to get over here or Amsterdam... it doesn't have fur in it neither... :S My Saffron's like the cat in the PP le P stories, every cat in my neighbourhood fancies her...

Anyways, LOL@Keeefer, a nod of respect to Fishlamp a chuckle at Jay :)

Oh, and Hi BBFK, I'd still kiss you if you smelled like a skunk *laughing, ducking and smiling at you*

*big kiss for my sweetheart too*

rebekah said...

lol @ keef ... hilarious, sheesh. why are you so funny ?

I WANT THAT BARBIE VAN THINGEY. i uh dont like to brag about such things, but i am quite the barbie fanatic ... have been since childhood ... ive still got a big bag full of them (although the dream house is long gone) ... their wardrobe and one shoe out of several pairs are still left ... before moving, i opened the bag and pulled some of them out ... talk about bed head ... with the barbies that still had a full head of hair left (they escaped the great barber shop fiasco i inflicted) ... i blame my mom for letting me shave them bald, naturally it's her fault :D

long island sounds smashingly fun ... i want to go ...

:: off to look at photos of cutie boo noel ::

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Fishlamp:
Oh, sir, you are *too* kind.... *smiles*

Keeefer:
LMAO, boy! If you stopped commenting, the *funny* of this blog would go down by 78.2%. There's been research on this....*wink*
BTW, no Long Island ice tea was consumed, otherwise there would have been no report to give (In the past it's always been yummy and alcohol-rich)

Jay:
Unfortunately Noel's current fav. song is the one by Aqua: Barbie Girl. N. sings along to: "You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere "...although really it's a mangled 3-year-old interpretation of those lyrics.
*sigh*

My Lever:
Thanks, babe. I plan on *not* smelling like a skunk, nonetheless.

Rebekah:
Barbies, huh? Well, then *you* can play with them with Noel...I can't stomach it. (Although she already has 3 from one of her grandmothers.)
SO *when* are ya heading North, girl? I'm sure our adventures would be wacky...

rebekah said...

have time and/or money, will travel. preferably both. your couch shall be occupied with me! and noel and i will play all the barbies we want so :P

i've nicknamed her "coconut," by the way. Noel, i mean, not the barbies ...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Rebekah:
You could *even* have a bed, if ya make the trip all the way here, lovely girl! We would be so excited to have you, and we'd want you to come back....*rubs hands together whilst mind ponders the adventures that could ensue...*