Friday, July 08, 2005

Days that are gone but not forgotten

There's been much that's happened of late that I haven't been able to

blog-log. I've been paralyzed into inaction by the hovering

guilt-cloud of an ugly manuscript that's been rearing its head.

Fortunately, the bastard (and I only call it that because it happens

to be on a crap topic) is on its last moments of the BBFK-respirator

and will soon be breathing on its own (for better or worse, I might

say). In early celebration, I figured I might start writing what I

*want* to write about, starting with the closing moments of my Free

Fallin' weekend (which I might add, no one guessed the concert that I

attended, yet...feel free to dig in...)



So cue up your Erasure and read on....



.......Gay Pride............



P and I, in our best attempt at pretending to *like* mornings, peeled

our bodies off of our respective hard surfaces: the floor and fold-out

chair. We shook off our alcohol-clouded heads, assembled our randomly

scattered belongings, and hit the local Hot Bagels. East coast bagels

hit the spot like no other breakfast food can, save maybe a good

English scone, and we were convinced and energized enough to plod on.

So off we went to our next destinations: the semi-local basketball

courts and outdoor running path. And run I did. Five miles worth of

it, fortunately through a nicely wooded section and with occasional

breaks for water. The cool-down mile walk was even accessorized with

some lovely company from another continent.



Fast-forward ahead past the non-movie worthy portions of the day, and

there we were driving North, on the road to NYC. My karma (damn, I

was a bastard in a previous life) kicked up then, and poor P found

himself with a ticket in hand, poor man. Yay, for a lack of towing

that weekend, but REALLY, going 12 miles over the speed limit is not a

big deal when you're on the highway and the speed limit is a lame

55mph anyways.



Once we did a little off-roading style crossing of a median, got lost,

and found, we managed to get into the least car-dense bridge or tunnel

leaving New Jersey. NYC was another matter though. Gay pride was all

hot and heavy, strutting through 5th Ave intermittently, between

stop-and-go traffic. I jumped out and into the fray. And oh, was it

worth it! There were gay versions of everything...gay rugby, gay

volleyball, gay volleyball, gay Jewish, gay Episcopalians...it went on

and on by genre. There were hotties and thongs and sweat (including

on me, at >92 degrees F), and loud thumping *good* dance music, and

unwanted freebies, and squirting water, and cops. It was all I could

hope for on a sunny Sunday on my own.

(My apologies to the heterosexual males. The parade offered next to no

eye candy for anyone other than gay men and heterosexual woman.)

12 comments:

Lever said...

Blogger's a m'er f'ing bitch again Grrr >:| Bloody well posted earlier... where TF is it?

*big, bad, take no shit stompy face on with steam coming out of ears...*

Anyway...

Nothing hits the spot like a full English first thing in the morning :D Bacon, eggs, sausage... you can't beat it :) Fancy some more pudding dear? ;) LOL

As for those parade thingies... Personally I'm more into celebrating Mother's Pride...

rebekah said...

i ... wanted to say something ... but today ... is not a day ... for talking ... for me ... but this was a lovely entry ... good writin' babe ...

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Yay, she's back! Good post girl. I was so lonely I actually went through all your flickr pictures the other day. Very cute by the way! Now were the gay guys really all cute, there must have been some ugly ones.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Shina:
Look at you, tracking my dating status....LMAO....

My Lever:
Damn that was adorable.
Do it again, please *enticing, cute look*

And you're going to meet the wonders of the American breakfast. 'Course you *really* should be having biscuits and gravy...but we'll need to travel to Rebekah's neck-of-the-woods for that...Rebekah?...Breakfast? *grin*
AND Mother's Pride seems just like Hostess (producers of twinkies)

Rebekah:
Thanks, dear lady!!! *big grin*

SFMD:
Sorry-didn't mean to neglect. It's just been CRAZY at work (which has bled over into my evening and early morning hours)
Uh, yeah there were some gay boys that were hard on the 'ole retinas, and they all seemed to cluster. You'd find entire floats of eyesores...but overall, it was pleasant. *grin*

Dave said...

You know, back when I lived near Toronto, I though Pride (the parade, not the emotion) just happened in Toronto. Little did I know: Ottawa, New York... likely all over. Moral of that story: me no smart.

rebekah said...

i'll have you know, that not only is breakfast type foods just about the only thing i eat that is not pizza or chocolate, BUT i make some damn good biscuits and gravy. not bad for a not-native-Texan ... not bad at all .... c'mon over ya'll....

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Keeefer:
V. *very* naw-ee! (my best blog-English accent)

Dave:
"Me no smart"...LMAO! Well, hello, and feel free to drop more funnies.....

Rebekah:
Oh, girl, *you* kick ass!! *salivates pondering the biscuits*..........*then begins to ponder how long the road trip would take....*

ergo said...

come to me
cover me
hold me
together we'll break these chains of love!

I can only speculate on what these "unwanted freebies" were. And smile at a day when wearing nothing but undies and a pair of wings expresses pride.

Sounds like fun.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

So as I was taking a closer look at B's pics of the gay pride parade, begun to think what does gay pride have to do with being nearly naked. I mean one guy on the truck on her flickr page is just wearing a codpiece. (which I googled to make sure that actually meant, what I thought, who knew there were whole website devoted). And does naked gay pride extend to Lesbians or is this just a guy thing.

Ergo: You got little black wings. Is this your halloween costume, next year? :)

RahX said...

gay volleyball.

What makes it gay...other than the participants?

Shouldn't it just kinda be volleyball.....

Whoa i didnt get enough sleep

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ergo:
Oh, you *know* you would have been shakin' it, out on the street with me, cheering all the gay boys. Oh, and I wasn't the target audience, so i fortunately wasn't handed any freebies....

SFMD:
Yeah, I had a similar thought. I think they were just trying to rile people up. And turn people on. ;)
There were plenty of gay boys that were dressed normally, too.

Rahx:
Well, I guess that was the funny bit and maybe part of the point, as well. It was all the same as straight organizations, except, possibly the guys were more well-dressed and toned than average? But it was all the same, really.

RahX said...

I get asked about new york all the time when its mentioned I live in rochester :P

Ever been to this site?

http://www.rochestergroove.com/