Wednesday, March 23, 2005

100 things about me-(in batches of 10, because I've got no blog endurance)

61. My parents used to call me Picklelady, because of my affinity for olives (just seeing if you were paying attention, really: pickles.)
62. I used to play a mean clarinet. (Is that an oxymoron?)
63. I sometimes cry reading the news.
64. I adore bubbletea. (But apparently live in a very uncultured area, because, goddammit, there's none to slurp (and chew) around here. BTW, how could you *not* adore a drink that has you sucking and chewing simultaneously, and requires a specialized straw for consumption?)
65. As a child, I was a *complete* bookworm. My 2 favorite topics to devour were WWII history books/biographies and vampire novels. Really, they're kind of related topics... ;)
66. The only thing I've ever shown an allergy to, was a concoction that I formulated myself. I was one of those tomboys who played in the dirt regularly and waded around in streams catching frogs, tadpoles, and any other slimy, moving creature that caught my fancy. Anyways, a mixture of pine needles, sand, water, and weeds/flowers (it's an eye-of-the-beholder-thing) induced a nice, itchy, rash one day, when I was quite young. (Although part of that was a lie-I think there was a man or two in my past that caused me to break out in hives, without ever touching me.)
67. Joss Whedon rocks.
68. As a Disney princess, I'd be Belle.
69. I'm a plant-girl (and for more than peeing on them (see #98).
70. I had a paper route for 4 years as a child, and saved up enough money to go to Paris and Madrid.

2 comments:

Lever said...

#69 Hey plant-girl, I need to photosynthesise too :) A day in the sunshine does wonders for my complexion :D

Wait a minute...

...Oh, you meant that you like plants, not that you are half-girl, half-plant... OK, my mistake :D

*shrugs and goes of to find out about bubbletea (WTF?)*

shinanos said...

Oh my!! Becky, what a nice'n'great renewal of your blog :0 {so lovely}
...Mmm, cute templete and look very good!!! Fantastic, viva DJ chick'n'rock!!! (I'll off to Tokyo soon, excited!) shina :D