Wednesday, March 30, 2005

100 things about me-(in batches of 10, because I've got no blog endurance)

41. One of my best buds calls me Becks.
42. I broke my little sister's finger when she was very young. (Ready to squirm?) I was put in charge of taking her to the bathroom while we were on a visit to the dentist. She decided to put her little hand in the crack as I closed the door. Her poor fingernail is still mangled to this day.
43. On a girlscout outting, I had a bathroom accident that resulted in half of my front tooth being broken off. The door to a stall got stuck and then gave way quickly and slammed into my face...
44. Sometime before the age of ten, I jumped into a pool backwards (damn, I was cool) and split open my chin. I was *so* close to stitches for that little incident...
45. I freaked out out my summer-rec soccer team by poking my eye with a finger nail as I saved a goal (I was the goalee, at the time.) They called an ambulance. I was highly embarrassed and refused to ride. Oh, and I wanted to play some more, goddammit!
46. While pregnant, I was playing first base during a night softball game. The shortstop rifled one at me that was unfortunately right in line with the very bright field lights. That resulted in an ambulance call as well, and some stitches. I was mad that I couldn't do my radio show that night....
(I think these last couple are just solid evidence that I'm a terrible clutz and prone to mangling my face.)
47. I coached soccer for several years to a group of 10-12 year old girls. I found out that I'm a yeller (as opposed to the silent, brooding-style coach) and that the hardest part about coaching a sport with that age group of girls is dealing with their extra problems. Like the girl that liked to carve her boyfriend's name in her arm at the ripe age of 11.
48. I had a particularly shitty boyfriend that killed my rabbit while we were dating.
49. I've dated 2 vegetarians (who did not *kill* or obviously, eat rabbits).
50. I think girl scouts is a lame excuse for a useful organization. How come the boyscouts have the "Eagle Scout" level that is respected enough to be on resumes, while the girl scouts are just known for their fuckin' (but, delicious) cookies?!

5 comments:

Jay said...

Those first few made me really queasy. Everyone knows I especially don't take eye stories very well, so for the sake of saving my lunch, maybe next time you could put up a warning or little Jamie blinders or something. That would be helpful.

Unknown said...

face, eyes, stitches....hmm bad things could happen.

don't ever take up rock climbing! =p

shinanos said...

Hi Becky! Thanks for yr email, and I'll send you a postcard sooner :)
Wait for a while till it posted to yr door!!

Lever said...

What is this soccer thing you speak of? There is only football. Or rugby. Or rugby with an overindulgence in safety gear which you lot seem to call football? If it was supposed to be soccer then FIFA would be called FISA... but it's not... so chips, crisps and fries it is then ;) :D

Oh, and have a nice weekend :D

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Keeefer-
Yes, wearing a "woggle" doesn't sound very diginified, even though I have *no idea* what it is is.
Jamie-
Yeah, hear ya, dear. It was gross at the time, too.
Narthex-
Mmmm, yes. I agree-sports that could kill me should be off limits.
Lever, dear. Now look. The British are lovely, but maybe a bit confused on their word choices. ;)