Monday, March 28, 2005

A Spicey Easter

A Spicey Easter

The forecast was predicting a 94% chance of a sweat pant-wearing,
no-showering-style Easter, likely lacking the usual Easter-style
fixin's (as that would have required a trip in the car to the grocery
store). In fact, the Easter bunny didn't even get her shit together
until just before noon, for the poor 3-year-old in the house ("Oh,
look, he must have come while you were intent on that Sponge-Bob
episode, Noel"....Well, actually she never really asked *why* the
basket of overflowing chocolate appeared...she's not one to look a
chocolate gift-horse in the mouth.)
But despite the best statistical method prediction analysis you could
buy, the odds were proved wrong. The neighbor called in the
mid-morning (OK, way before any adult without a 3-year-old would ever
conceive of waking up on a Sunday, but, mid-morning for me) and kindly
asked us over for Easter dinner at 1 pm.
So we did it. We went over for dinner with the neighbors that reside
on either side of our house (the food was a collaborative effort,
well, except for my help). There were kids jumping/playing video
games, men planted on couches, women in the kitchen, and dogs roaming
for scraps and licking the unsuspecting child: it was the usual
holiday setup. We watched movies, ate food, had conversation, ate more
food, bundled up leftovers to eat later, and zoned out. We had the
Easter favs: a ham, some smelly lamb, and potatoes, followed up with
pie and ice cream and sprinkled all over with chocolate Easter eggs and peeps.
The thing that I really hadn't planned on however, was the dinner
conversation. It started our harmless enough, with the discussion of
an upcoming holiday to FL and the newest renovations on the respective
houses. But suddenly it veered and before I knew what had happened,
the conversation had drifted into an area that had never graced my
ears at a dinner table, much less for a religious holiday. Yay,
Jesus...wanna bang? Swinging became the hot topic, and I don't mean
at a playground. Everything from the other neighbors on the street
that were already engaged, to the future possibilities-involving said
dinner mates. I could tell from some reactions that I was glad *not*
to have a visual in my mind of the other neighbors who were already at
it. And for those too young to fully comprehend the discussion at
hand, an unabridged dictionary was procured to clearly define
"swinging." Yow, it was gross. I'm not sure how my stomach didn't
just immediately reject it's contents, in hindsight. But, in some ways
it was a very educational experience. Curtains for my windows stepped
up in priority from "cute decoration accessory" to "goddamn
imperative." Bye now....gotta hit the closest Bed, Bath, and
Beyond.....

8 comments:

arthur decko said...

holy crap...did they invite you along? is it like, the whole block is having a big orgy except you? kind of wierd, they just openly talked about it and such...

what state do you live in may i ask?

arthur decko said...

oh, wait, you live in conecticutt...wierd folk up there...

Jay said...

Fabulously Funny, dear. I think now would be a good time to organize either a tupperware party, or one of those sex toy parties, and see what evolves. Free entertainment, do take advantage!

shinanos said...

Hi Beck!! This is from Tokyo and I'm enjoying a lot :D Maybe back my home on 1st April: I'm writing this in the media cafe: so bizarre but unique. And your child is really lovely. you nice mom!!
A few days ago I went karaoke with my friends after the work. Uh, so exciting... :9

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Well, I actually was not specifically invited to the action, if you know what I mean. And quite the opposite of throwing a sex party, i've actually started wearing a robe around my house, instead of my usual carelessly naked ways post shower, etc.
'Course, i guess it *would* make great blog material if I did egg the neighbor's on....

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

And Shina:
I completely understand why you're running out to an internet cafe, even in a city chock-full of stuff to do. I feel lost if I'm internet-free for long stretches...
Enjoy, though....

Lever said...

Whoah, easy, neighbours, easy. LOL You don't think they've already been doing this for years do you? Maybe this was a subtle way of testing you out first?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

So are y'all saying that I should be leary when they make me dinner, like they did last night (spaghetti with steak on top)?
I will proceed with caution before accepting any more food offerings....
;)