Wednesday, March 23, 2005

100 things about me-(in batches of 10, because I've got no blog endurance)

51. My little bro calls me Beck-A-Buck.
52. I used to do research with some cool, microscopic worms (called C. elegans). They can be frozen at -80 degrees Celcius, thawed, and they'll still squirm. They survived the space shuttle crash and the scientists that pioneered C. elegans' usage as a model system, got the Nobel prize. I like those worms.
53. Fall is my favorite season. The Autumn trees in New England...(sigh). Lovely...
54. I adore the thought of getting married in the Chicago Aquarium. 'Course I'm likely not going to do it myself, so I need to convince someone to invite me to their wedding there. Oh, and I'd prefer that it's a Jewish wedding, BTW. (-because the 1/4 Jewish wedding that I attended recently, has me wanting more...it was also a bit Catholic, but mostly agnostic and slightly Irish.) I'll let you know if I think up any more demands for this event, like when I'm free for you to hold it.
55. I like liverwurst. (German, a little?)
56. I can't ice skate or whistle.
57. In 7th grade, I had "Like a Virgin" dedicated to me at a roller-rink party.
58. All through grade school, I was painfully shy. As in, if a boy looked in my direction, my face surpassed red and went straight to a purple color. I can still occasionally break out in hives under a particularly stressful social situation. (It's always fun having some itchy rash that looks contagious, come out 'specially for public appearances.)
59. I camped just about *every* season of every year for the first 13 years of my life. Tents, cabins, open-air, you name it.
60. Quality time with certain lovely friends-of-mine, combined with a little hootch, will induce me to dance on bar stools.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Dancing on bar stools sounds dangerous. I dance on speakers, they're much more stable.

Lever said...

Ice Skating - I don't get ice skating. Really don't get it. I gave up on the first go when a friend skated over my fingers. Blood, bandages... Ouch! Feet and wheels are much more agreeable forms of transportation :D

But whistling - haha, now that's easy ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ah, sage advice, Jay.

And Lever, it's not nice to brag. ;)