Saturday, April 02, 2005

Art noveau? Blogger spasm!

So the "white phase" was not an intentional artistic statement. It you had tried to click onto the eat thesse crumbs blogland in the last 2 days, you'll know what I mean: you were presented with a fully blank page. Now, maybe I should claim it to be my April Fool's contribution to 2005, but to be honest-it wasn't. (Although I *had* pondered the standard, "oh, my god, I'm pregnant!" April Fool. Even though the circumstances of having my darling girl were not the classic highschool dropout pregnancy, she was certainly not planned either. I had been dating her father for a solid 3 months when it happened, and although I was 29 and an inch away from a PhD, it was a certain shock to the people around me. So, April Fooling people with the surprise pregnancy scenario would *completely* work with the Noel precedent. The kicker would be that I'm not even *dating* someone currently... I decided it would have been too mean, though.) Anyways, the white page thang was a blogger snapfu. It was not even user-induced...I had NOT been fiddling with the ugly-template situation. It was just a spontaneous freak, blogger being a piss-ant. And although I liked my new blog-stylings (even though I still needed to wrangle my sidebar) it was not worth waiting around for the blogger helpdesk to respond to my sad pleas for help (little timid, squeak: help! help!)
Anyways, so that brings us to now, and my usual background. Maybe work will stop actually requiring me to *work" for a bit, and I'll be able to commit some serious brain-time to troubleshooting the blog. 'Til that dream happens....

5 comments:

Jay said...

Blogger doesn't make it easy, does it? It just ate my post, that bugger.
I'm glad you're back up and running.

shinanos said...

Wish your good luck, Beck :)

Lever said...

Hey BBFK, been MIA so didn't notice ;) :) When I get 'round to doing custom blogger templates I'll give you a shout and see what we can do ;)

shinanos said...

Hi Beck :) ...Sent you a card today, just came here again for it.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Jay-much symapathies. And your sentiments made me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Lever-
I'd certainly appreciate any guidance you have to offer...
Keeefer-Your stomach is officially out of control.
Shina-I'll be running to my mailbox every day, in expectation....!