Wednesday, April 20, 2005

100 things about me-(in batches of 10, because I've got no blog endurance)

21. I adore the word "ameliorate". I've unsuccessfully tried to slip it's usage into every one of my medical manuscripts, thus far, but have been thwarted *every* damn time! Someone in editing has it in for that word....
22. The worst car I've ever owned was a "gift" from my cousin. It reeked of pot and was plastered with Dead stickers and quickly came to its demise within a year of my ownership. It was yellow and was called a "citation." WTF?! You know that nothing good is going to come of a car named after a violation.
23. I wore a floor length white dress and carried a dozen red roses at my high school graduation, celebrated at the luxurious Eastman theater (along with my ~90 classmates). I got the French award (but see if I can speak it now....?!) at the ceremony and some others that were apparently insignificant, as I don't recall them now.
24. The first CD that I ever owned was Jane Wiedlin, solo. Not a good start, but I've rebounded well...
25. I wanted to be a nun, when I grew up. (Man I was brainwashed.) Then I wanted to be a librarian. If you want to consider me "grown up" now- I ended up being maybe a mixture of both: a scientist. :)
26. My fav Dr. Seuss is Green Eggs and Ham.
27. I've kissed a girl or 2.
28. The first guy I kissed was named Mike Hunt (and if you read into that, then you're getting too much meaning out of it.)
29. I had a distant, young relative that was decapitated when her mother drove under a tractor trailor truck.
30. I had a French man try to put his hand up my thigh in Paris. While on an escalator. He was promptly slapped.

3 comments:

Lever said...

21. Ah yes, ameliorate...

...actually, I'd never heard that word before. Damn that Shakespeare chap for never teaching me enough...
22. LOL so was the car on it's way out anyway or did you do something to it? ;)
23. Cor blimey, Mrs, a white dress and red roses... how very English for accepting a qulification in French... LOL I love the irony and the beauty in that :)
24. Didn't she do "Rush Hour"?
25. Librarian-Nun, that sounds like a Dungeons & Dragons character...
26. I never got to read Dr. Seuss :(
27. Cool
28. Haha, every new receptionist, when I worked in engineering, made a tannoy call for "Mike Hunt to go to inspection..."
29. *winces and retracts head in the manner of a turtle*
30. Wow, beauty, humour, intelligence AND attitude... whew... watchout boys, BBFK's gonna get ya... ;)

Inspiring, thanks Becky :D

Jay said...

You know, I totally didn't get the Mike Hunt thing until Lever's comment. Now I'm ashamed, but laughing like a 12 year old.

Becky, I adore any woman who has had the courage to slap. Well done.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I guess Jay never saw Porky's. Corse I don't know if Bec has seen Porky's. Did you really date a guy call Michael Hunt. If so his parents were so cruel.