Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Not working again...

My more-clutzy-than-usual inclinations today have resulted in me: a.) hitting my head with the phone while attempting to answer a call and b.) jamming my hip into the metal pokey-piece in the girl's room bathroom stall. Seemingly innocuous activities are having me foiled...How silly.
In other news, props to internet radio for playing Prince's Erotic City (a common instigator of mid-afternoon, office dance breaks.)

Lastly on an unrelated note: Have you ever noticed that "seedless" watermelons are in fact *loaded* with seeds? In fact, they have millions of white, flimsy seeds that are generally harder to pick out than the black kind (and certainly less fun to spit, when having watermelon-seed-spit-wars with your brother. You know the kind-they always start out harmlessly, where it's all about distance, but then suddenly a stray, poorly aimed seed lands on your leg and the war escalates to new levels...) How come white seeds don't count? Huh?

10 comments:

Jay said...

Now that's a question for the ages. It sounds racist if you ask me.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Ahh it so nice to know that there is another person in the world who is attacked by inanimate objects out to get them.

shinanos said...

=^._.^= {Cat!}

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Jay- Thank you for appreciating the serious philosophical implications. ;)
K- Yeah, in my (small) defense, I WAS multitasking at the time I hit my head with the phone...I was trying to crank down the music volume on my speakers while simultaneously picking up the phone and answering...still it was a new clutzy low...
Shina- The things that you do with marks meant as punctuation never fail to amaze me....

Brom said...

I have never seen the point of water melons, you could condense the whole thing down to a bottle of water and a small tablet.

Sorry to hear about your escapades with solid objects, hope it gets better. ;-)

Lever said...

You did what? You hit yourself on the head with a phone while attempting to answer a call? LMFAO

*goes for a quick walkabout to try and calm down*

*ahem*

And then jabbed your hip? OMG this is just too much. BTW Wasn't there a band in the HitchHikers Guide called "Disaster Area"? I wonder if they're in the new film?

Not noticed the watermelon seed thing, but then I normally just punch my brother when he launches things at me LOL

And yeah, Brom's right; tablets would suffice. Watermelons are only really good for steamy "whateverthenameofthatfilmwas" style, extended, food-sharing moments with hot chicks.

Hope your head's OK And your hip :D

*displays most sympathetic of smiles whilst cleverly masking cheeky smirk*

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Bromman and Lever: How very *boy* of you. The pellet-food-idea is a classic sci-fi boy thought...
And Lever: Look dear, your comment is longer than my post. I'm just sayin'. And don't think I don't see past that smile of yours, either. ;)

Lever said...

Sorry. I'll shut up now. Anyway, you started it :p

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Oh, yeah, try the "you started it" angle.** Solid one...back in the day ("the day" being about 25 years back, mind you.)
**Although, Lever *is* issued points for being succinct.
;)

Brom said...

Well maybe I'm a classic *boy*, it's better than being called "Vintage" LOL