Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Excuses, excuses.

Between blogger continuing to be a bitch, my brother in town, and all the hot action that I've been getting (I had to include that last one because whether it's true on not, it's offcially the ONLY excuse that my friends will accept for poor communication.) "You better have been getting laid, since you didn't pick up the phone..."
In the meantime, I had the first *real* highschool ATTITUDE-laden girl in for tutoring (and yes, I appreciate that it took this long for it to happen!) She was the classic, snotty, eye-rolling type, full of contempt for the chemistry that we were studying and possibly me, for being part of the process. An attempt at small talk: (cue:her baby-doll concert t-shirt) Me: "So, you like the Strokes?" Her: "They're all right. I saw them in Central Park and it was cool." Me: "Some of them are pretty cute!" Her:" Not to me." It was a long hour. Looking forward to next week's contempt-fest.
Anyways, I can't stand being SO out of the blog-loop. Sorry, you lovelies...

5 comments:

Lever said...

LOL, she sounds like a bundle of laughs. Was she blonde? A real blonde? Or did she dye her roots dark? D'ya reckon if the next instalment is about peroxide she'd take an interest? :D

Jay said...

Sweetie, I hope the rumours are true. If life isn't more interesting than another bratty teenager, I feel for you.

arthur decko said...

chemistry you say? my favorite thing in all of chemistry is avogadro's number...what will i ever do with it? nothing, but it sure is fun to say....sorry about attitdue girl...

shinanos said...

Uh it's OK Beck, take your time for upgrading and renewal of your blog! Haha..... I have no idea where my blog's commentators come from, unbelievably spreading wide! Amazing, but fun :D LOL, and I still love teaching though.
(Hi thanks for yr comments Jay :9!)

temppixie said...

Is it legal to give them detention for being young, pretty, and having an attitude anymore?
Shame.