Thursday, May 19, 2005

100 things about me-(only 10, because this is finally the end)

1. I have the most rockin' 3 year old on the planet (my pardon to any parents of 3 year-olds reading this), but I don't consider myself a grown-up. A conflict here, maybe?
2. It's been pointed out that I'm a clutz. (And just to put the nail in the coffin on that idea,) the only time I've ever broken anything was 2 years ago. I fell over my *couch*, while trying to make sure Noel didn't take a tumble, while holding a (non-alcoholic) drink. I broke 2 ribs, then went and played soccer an hour later. (Yes, you can correctly conclude that I have a very high tolerance to pain.) Um, yeah, I didn't *know* they were broken until a week-ish later (it started becoming hard to run.)
3. I am a "group-sports, leg girl." I developed this theory early on that most people tend to be arm people or leg people when it comes to sports. The arm people play basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc., while the leg people have an affinity for soccer and track. I sort of straddled this; evidence that obviously not everyone complies with this rule of thumb. (And yes, it's poor form to immediately give an example that contradicts a theory that you've just proposed.) ;) I did basketball (poorly), softball (well, when the ball wasn't hitting my face), and soccer (which I adored and did well at without too much injury.) Unfortunately, I've had to resort to non-group sports as I've gotten older, e.g. running.
4. My concert resume: Bush, Moby, Fear Factory, Barenaked Ladies (3X), Indigo Girls (2X), Sarah MacLachlan, Counting Crows, Eminiem, Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, New Kids on the Block, REO Speedwagon, Sting, Cibo Matto, Liz Phair (2X), Ani Difranco (2X), Slipknot, Billy Joel, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Natalie Merchant, The Mystechs, The Bomboras, Bonnie Raitt, Foo Fighters, John Mayer, Lanterna, Libby Kirkpatrick, Goldfinger, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Peter Gabriel, Prince, Sarge, The Reputation, The Merekats, Sheryl Crow, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, They Might Be Giants, Ministry. I can guarantee this isn't all of em', but all that come to mind. And no, I didn't filter any bands out consciously (obviously!! I just tried to intersperse the embarrassing ones, so that maybe you'd just skim over 'em.); it's all hanging out for your pleasure. And yes, feel free to both snicker and admire.
5. Artists I'd *heart* to see NOW: Semisonic, The Shins, Jem, New Order, Some Girls (Did I mention that I adore music?)
6. I watched my best friend's apartment building burn down about eight years back. We stood and watched and smoked cigarettes. (Stess release for her, irony for me.)
7. I have never had a one-night stand.
8. I have been cheated on.
9. I have been in love before.
10. I'm a blog addict. Any recommendations on online support groups? *laughing...* ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow becky, now the manuscript can really be started.

1. you do have a very cool and cute 3 year old, even with post balloon launch trama.
2. i might have said this before but you really should never take up rock climbing (or spelunking)
3. see #2
4. this deserves its own blog entry, stay tuned...
5. if i saw jem i think i would pass out cause she is talented and she's too cute. new order would be interesting...middle aged come again post punk pre new wave/techno way ahead of their time. they are the only band who can do rhythmic syncopation as progressively as johann sebastian bach. they rock
6. i have visions of a painting of this scene. oil on charred plywood with cigarette ashes
7. moi aussi. c'est meilleur
8. moi aussi. triste...
9. =)
10. we should set up an online support group! had a flash of the early scenes from 'fight club' in my head

Brom said...

Re #7. So you have a matching pair either side of the bed then?

Unknown said...

good one brom-man! tres bien. vous etes diese comme scalpel

Lever said...

LOL@ Fight-Club therapy... :) "Swing by 1st Methodist, Tuesday Nights..." So, you ready to meet "the big moosey" yet? LOL

Aw, 100 and now down to 1, nice journey, thanks for the insight BBFK :) Any chance we can go back in time & see the 1000 to 101 magic now, cookie?

ergo said...

You did it! Yay.

I am still somewhere in the 50's or 60's and already running out of steam.

I don't know why this strikes me as worth comment but it's funny how knowing 100 things about a person is enlightening but not the same as knowing a person, y'know?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Narthex: M'K. Did you like how I helped you further with the klutz theme? ;)
And yes, Jem, yummy....
Do you paint?
And I'm really liking the vision of the fight club-style blog support.. v.cool.

Brom-man:
*laughing* You couldn't help yourself, could you? ;)

Lever:
*laughing* You want more? You're insatiable... *wink*

Johnny Crash:
*laughing* And *Bush* is the band that offended you, when there were other shining nuggets that you let slip by. Too funny. I think my list has something to detest and love for everyone (see how people-friendly I am? [She says from behind her solitary computer screen]) And will you be at our support group, as well? *wink*

Ergo:
So tell me, how did I do boiling myself down to a list of 100 items? Did I vastly misrepresent? ;)

Unknown said...

beck, yes i do paint...here is a poor photo of one:

http://www.timonkey.com/son/painting/images/catgirl_lg.jpg

ergo said...

LMAO!

I just realized that you put my band in your live show resumee. Talk about noise pollution...