Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's like being a Catholic School Girl again.

It's like being a Catholic School Girl again.

This weekend has been a spiral back in time. My brother's in town and
it's been a bit of an adventure. Now, when the toilet is flushed, the
water rises *up*. ;) (He's accompanied by 2 other guy friends, and
they're all bunking at my place.) But coming from a large catholic
family, it feels kind of normal (not that the toilet was always
clogged back in the day, but I do have 2 brothers....). I'm back in a
zone where I get teased when I get a call from a boy. Of course,
there has been lots of help with any kind of lifting that has been
required and a fruit basket and fudge, as well. But having said that,
the adventure continues...I need to book outta here to grab the next
train to NYC (again). Today's the big bike tour (42 miles) and I've
promised to be cheering at the finish line...

Oh, and for your enjoyment and education: here is a picture of my
brother sipping some bubble tea. He had an unconvinced look on his
face the entire time, which is not a good sign, considering this
particular bubble tea ranked within my top 5 of all times. It was
supposedly a papaya flavored tea, however, I am convinced that it was
really essence-of-fruit-loops with tapioca balls (those black bits on
the bottom). Mmmm, good...

11 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

I can kinda understand the unconvinced look, but at the same time, it sounds like a fabulous beverage.... asian infulenced with the black bits. Not so keen on essence of fruit loops. A work colleague gave me some "mango liquorice" the other day, and frankly it was just totally wrong. Too weird for words. We were missing the mangos. We work in a fruit and veg shop, and the mangos have just finished. No other excuses I'm afraid.

Lever said...

New York AND Bubble Tea...wowzers. And Papaya-flavoured too? So, are you saying there are more flavours of bubble tea, of which you rate 4 very highly? I don't even know WTF bubble tea is anyway LOL

*goes off for his own cup of rosy*

;)

Unknown said...

bubble tea (originally known as 'boba' tea until some marketing person got involved, i think) in NYC. hmm...like i was telling a friend a little while back, 'you better learn mandarin and stop worrying about asiassimilation!'

Jay said...

I can only imagine what this bubble tea is, which is probably for the best as I am unsure of tea or bubbles. Looks like Lever and I are on the outs again! How are we missing so many essentials?

I always wanted brothers. Sighhhh.

shinanos said...

Bubbletea?! ...sounds interesting.
BeckyBubbleTea...? Haha...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Mum-
(Do you mind if I shorten your name a bit?) The weirdest part to the drink is when you start chewing. It just feels wrong (but tastes oh-so-good.) Unfortunately, I think the shopowner wanted to mess with us for hanging in Chinatown...he didn't give us a big enough straw, so we had to resort to desperate measures to eat the black bits. My brother was a bit blue by the end of it.
;)
Lever-
You'll have to try it sometime. Oh and the bubbletea, too. ;) Which, yes, there are many different varieties, BTW. And, what was that you were going to imbibe? Rosy???
Nathex-
At least you understand.
Keeefer-
You? Bad-tempered? I wouldn'a guessed...I only think science fiction and funniness when I think of you. Wait, did I just say that I was thinking about you? ;)
Jay-
I'll send ya one in the next package, K? (I don't mean tea or bubbles.) ;)
Shina-
;) Are ya saying I should get rid of my swears?

Kat E said...

essence of fruit loops! you've gotta get me some, woman!

Lever said...

LMFAO@Shina

Try it sometime, BeckyBubbleTea? Oh, go on then, twist my arm :) D'ya reckon I'd like it? Is it addictive? Can I get it over here d'ya think?

And Rosy (Rosie) is Rosie Lee...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Lever: Mmm, yes-addictive, and no-will have to travel over to the States or China, depending on which flavor you really want. ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Although, hmmm, MAYBE you could import some, as well...
;)

Lever said...

Hmmm, importing it would probably involve some wheeling and a dealing... I'm game ;) :)