Monday, May 09, 2005

Ripping My Pants Off and The Continuing Boy-Saga

I sweat my way through the entirety of work today. It's just THAT bad. But, the most perspiration-inducing event occurred in the bathroom. NO, yuck-it wasn't that (girls are made of sugar and spice). *wink* It was simply that I'd been so frenzied all day that there was no potty break time and when "taking a pee" managed to make it to the top of the cue, my pants became quite disagreeable. You see I'm lazy and cheap, so although I'd broken the zipper pull weeks ago and then had the clasp on the pants go faulty as well, I *still* wore the damn pants to work. (I mean they look good and there was nothing hanging out, so why the hell not?) It wasn't the first time that I wore them in a questionable state, however, it *was* the first time that the zipper absolutely REFUSED to budge and was completely stuck in the "up" position. After pondering the possible solutions, I decided to bring my problem to the receptionist (who, fortunately, is used to just laughing at me and my quandaries.) We managed to find a very effective tool to remedy the situation [Take note!]- staple-removers do a solid job as a stubborn-zipper-fixer. It was damn good that that solution came up quickly, because I was about to yank the damn thing open, hang out the rest of the day, and go down in a blaze of glory (because it's already been well-established that even a bit of skin is a no-no (check out the midriff post)...but see if I give a fuck, at this point if I get canned. (Did I mention that work was THAT bad?)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Just a little ways down the road, Noel was involved in a bit of a Cinderella story. Hearsay has it that while on the jaunt between the playground and the school, Noel managed to lose her slipper. Luckily, her Prince (a.k.a Big Boy Bryant...oh, but don't ALL the boys wish to be so named. but I digress...) came to my little maiden's rescue. He ran out of line and declared while on his search, "I need to find Noel's shoe!" Chivalry *isn't* dead. ;)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, becky! i'm gonna add the staple puller to the list of worst case scenario implements like turbo duct tape and screwdrivers! =p

Brom said...

There is absolutely no way I would allow a staple remover anywhere near the zip of my trousers (or zipper of my pants depending on your location).. just the thought brings tears to one's eyes.. I guess it's a man thing!

Lever said...

2nd Brom-man on that one... and safety pins too... *shudder* (though you probably call 'em something else over there)

Mind you, I did manage to completely rip my zipper off one day and had to resort to using a boot lace keep my fly together and family jewels from falling out :\

And Big Boy Bryant's a mini dude :D

Mummy/Crit said...

I dunno, I'm all for chivalry, and i hope someone can teach it to my son before it's too late! Actually he's not too bad on it, except that when we get home he wants to be the first to the door. This would be fine if he had his own key and was planning on opening it for me...he too likes to help younger girls in distress.

Jay said...

I had pants problems today too!!
I bought these great pants, grey with a white and pink pin stripe, and a pink ribbon waist band thing, well it sounds awful, but I love them, and the second day I wore them, the pull of the zipper broke.
Jason "fixed" it by attaching a key ring...that was dumb. I "fixed" it mroe today by attaching a paper clip. Then, all hell broke loose. Hell that you are apparently familiar with.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Narthex:
As you should. ;)

Brom-man:
Look, it's not like I'm recommending you STAB at your crotch with a sharp object...just PULL at your crotch region with a sharp object. ;) Wait. You're not convinced? Huh, I don't get it...

Mulgogi:
Mmmm, thanks! Noel and Big Boy Bryant ARE an impossibly cute little pair...

Lever:
Nope-safety pins directly translate. (Whew, for once, aye?) ;)
Huh, what are ya planning on getting some action soon? You're worried about things being in working order, aye? LOL...
And agreed about BBB: mini dude. ;)

Keeefer:
Glad to get the imagination fired up...*wink*
And naw, BBB's a good boy. You're a bit of a cynic, aye? Sorry, I'm the Mom: I don't have the "don't come near my daughter" instinct. I still think boys aren't half bad, for some reason...

Mummy/Crit:
Oh, your son sounds like a daarrrling. if ONLY Noel could be so lucky....!

Jay:
We must shop at the same store. Ask me if I'm surprised. ;)

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I must say B, your title was a good one. Much cleaner than my rock bottom mind thought. You must look really great in those pants to wear them broken.