Sunday, May 22, 2005

I've not been at my "mom-iest"

Somehow, I managed to not pay attention to Noel long enough this weekend for her to:
a.) Color two cushions of the couch green.
b.) Color the floor with a green crayon, as well.
c.) Entangle a handful of silly putty in her hair.

Furthermore, I partied like a college-girl Saturday night...well sort of. I drank 3 rum and cokes, one Thai mixed drink that I can't recall the name of, a microbrew, and several shots. I went to a bar with 6 guys, and got my groove on. I ate a steak and cheese sub with barb-que chips after getting completely loaded, while a guy was retching in the background (actually, that kinda put a damper on how much I ate, although it didn't seem to affect the other guys.) And then the night was capped off by jumping in a hot tub that overlooked the beach until almost 4am (when I had gotten sober-enough to drive.)

However, the entire time my mind was on this boy; this boy who I have maintained this crush on, who claims that he likes me, but still had other plans on his Saturday night... (see how he teases me?). Have you ever been so enamored, that the advances of the opposite sex barely even register? That you get in a hot tub-drunk-but clothed and still conscious of maximizing the space between you and the boys who are not-the-one-you-want? (where boys = one of your closest friends from the last decade and his friend who danced all night long with Ula-hot, blonde Polish woman...all the rest of the boys had their face in a bowl or had passed out.) Have you ever gone out and partied, but still found yourself in the corner at various points during the night fulfilling the urge to get just *a little bit*, just a little fix of the boy who's not there...(i.e. texting, calling, the like...) Have you responded to a random-bar-boy hitting on you by going on about the Impressionist artist who originally painted the art located behind the bar? So anyways, no hooks ups: nothing vaguely even close to report. Just pining. So maybe I only get a C+ on the college-girl Saturday night rating scale. Agreed?

And the final happy endings to the weekend:

1.) I was a successful "dating advocate" (Have ya heard of this: it's when a girl is part of a group of guys, facilitating their hook up with other chicks, just because of the trust factor); Newt hooked up with Ula (pronounced Ooooo-la, while drunk) the next day.

2.) Noel was fed, the plants were watered, the floors were cleaned, and banana bread was baked. We even played some Candyland...

3.) A glimmer of a chance developed that the boy-I-have-a-thing-for may give-me-the-time-of-day soon, as they say. Ya know, tentative plans and all in a week's time...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed yourselves alot BBFK?! :)

Shina

Unknown said...

hmm... does the green compliment or match the couch? and the floor? i've always believed the silly putty in hair thing is a coming of age thing. okay, so she is only three!

that hiding in the corner and texting, etc...could that be called a displacement activity?! ; )

and oh, i need a dating advocate like you. you and noel want a visit to the west coast?! =))

Lever said...

LMAO - so what did random-bar-boy think of your artistic knowledge? Was he impressed? LOL Last time that happened to me, some 10 year ago now, a random, kindly young lady picked up on my distress and came to my rescue LOL

Hope you get your man sometime soon. A++

Kat E said...

FYI: according to Stuff and Maxim, they are "wing-women", not "dating advocates". Just sounds cooler, anyway ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Shina:
Thanks, yah. :)

Narthex:
Oh, Noel was definitely adding well-matched accents. The pattern wasn't all that agreeable, though.

*laughing...* Oh, Narthex, I know the ladies *already* bend to your will...you need MORE? Greedy are we?

Lever:
Ah, said boy just nodded his head and was probably like: "This girl's cute, but how worth it is this, to have to listen to more art talk?" It worked a treat, as you'd say. ;)
*glowingly pleased with my score*

Kat e:
Yeah, well maybe that's why the boy needed a dating advocate (his term), aye? He hasn't been reading Stuff and Maxim... ;)

ergo said...

I can only assume that the Nooz had a hand in this outing.

Newt got some? Excellent.

Nothing like a crush to make you a starving woman standing at a buffet of opportunity, eh?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Ergo:
*sheepish grin* It was his birthday! Luckily I figured it out before he had to come out and tell me. I think all friends should have to email me a week before their birthday, as a head's up.... ;)

*laughing* Yes, the buffet. But the quality of the selections are generally a bit lower than just ordering what you want directly... *wink* And wait. Me? Starving? *BBFK ponders whether she's being dissed, and what actions need to be taken to get ber best friend back into line* ;)

Unknown said...

uh, the ladies bend to my cooking. not to my will ;))