Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Challenges of Being a Mom to my 3-year-old

1.) (Heartfelt moment)
Noel: I love you, mommy.
BBFK: I love you too, babes.
Noel: I love you eyebrow. *pointing above my eye*
[Challenge: Hold it in, hold it in! Don't snicker BBFK!
She was being sentimental and sincere...!]

2.) (end of the day trip to the babyschool)
Noel's Teacher: Are you OK [BBFK]?
BBFK: What? Oh, me? Yeah just a bit exhausted from lack of sleep.
I went to sleep at 5am this morning. It was stupid.
Noel's Teacher: *covers ears* Ooops! Bad word! We didn't hear that kids!
[Challenge: determining whether I had said "stupid" like I thought or
"really fucking retarded" like I meant. Did I just get into trouble
for saying "stupid"?!]

5 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

oh yeah, gotta hate that political correctness. And I know the feeling of "did I just curse like a sailor and not realise it?" Scary. I worked in childcare for 15 years, and as soon as I left, all my good censoring habits left too...you've read my post about the childcare staff approaching me about D'Arcy's language...

Lever said...

LOL And soon the teacher will be in the electric chair for uttering the word "bad", so don't worry ;)

So, what's this about your eyebrows, you got hot eyebrows or something? There's not a lot of stuff on Google about eyebrow fetishes, so maybe this is the place huh? ;)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Mummy/Crit:
THANk YOU, woman! ;)

Mulgogi:
*smile*

Johnny Crash:
No, I almost got expelled, though... ;)

Lever:
:)

And, um, my eyebrows are feeling pretty temperate, thanks for asking. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sleep sooner and take care BBFK mum

:)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Shina:
Yeah, the sleep has been a bit off of late. But not far enough off to make me sputter swears at the babyschool! (I do know for sure that I just said "stupid".) ;)

Tescosuicide:
Thanks for dropping in, music man. You have a hot wife and v. cute kids.
And you? Swear? Sounds as highly improbable as Beckybumblefuck swearing.... *wink*