Thursday, January 06, 2005

Aftermath

So, in the aftermath of nearly being run over by an SUV, my heroic daughter now vigilantly reminds me every time we near a cross-street, that we should "not get hit by a car." Maybe all parents should *stage* being hit by a car, to burn the importance of looking both ways into their dear child's memory. For me, I'd rather avoid the whole scene, although I must say that now I'm all cocky like,"Yeah I made it to work today without getting hit. Take that!" In other words, appreciating some things that I had not before. I still would rather not have to take a walk down treacherous road every day, though. I am very suspicious of every car that I meet on the way....

1 comment:

Jay said...

I went through a similar phase after I was in an accident. Hope you are feeling okay now!