Monday, January 31, 2005

I may not be a good "rule-follower"

I had an epiphany during work last Friday. I realized that while other people have "their special song", I have "my special block." (Yes, OK, what the hell does that mean?) Well, you see, I took stock of the recent events of this about-to-be past January and realized that I have had more than my share of accidents and police run-ins in the mere block distance between my daughter's babyschool and my work. Not to re-hash too much, but there was that SUV that hit Noel and I (back in the beginning of the month when black, crusty snow didn't hamper our walk/piggy-back ride down the sidewalk.) Then there was the policeman that was oh-so-close to ticketing me for parking outside of the babyschool in a zone that was off limits from 8am-noon. (oops.) And then finally, Friday morning I was pulled over for running a pink-ish light (I had already committed to making the light, but the guy in front of me was picking daisies as he drove through the intersection.) The lady cop also was a hair away from dishing out a $114-ran-the-red-light ticket to me, but didn't. She had theorized that I was trying to escape her by turning into the parking garage, but apparently believed me when I insisted that I worked in the building, and actually hadn't even noticed her until I got out of my car. That diffused her enough to have pity on me. Thank god...after the $100 tow incident that was just 4 days previous, I would have problems feeding my baby if I got stuck with another expensive money drain.
So, I don't know whether I'm lucky not to have been hurt and ticketed or whether I should just be pissed that all of this happened at all? If ya didn't know me, you might think that I was a reckless girl....

1 comment:

Jay said...

but the good news is, these things come in 3s,and you've paid your dues now, so relax!