Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Calling names

OK, a blog that I just visited was devoted to a collection of weird names.
So here's my 2-cents on that.
To begin with, there's me. I had been destined to be Gaylord Farquar, had I been a boy. (Well, at least that's what my Dad told my aunt. But, he could be a teaser.)

Then, before I was fully able to appreciate the torment that this young boy was doomed to endure: I met (and kissed) Mike Hunt in first grade. (NO, that is *not* a masturbation reference, thank you.)

Then I met Penny. Oh, with a middle name of Candy. Penny Candy. Can you be taken seriously as a woman with that name in front of your title?

(Parents, please be gentler in the moments of the birth certificate name decision.)

1 comment:

Jay said...

I think many women are still feeling the effects of the epidural/anesthesia when they put down those names.
Parents, DO NOT give your poor daughters a name that will automatically lure her into being a hooker. If you name her Bambi, of course she's going to strip her way through college!

My mother was almost called Bonita. Bonita!!