Monday, January 17, 2005

My stock value

My creative energies got spent today on writings that cannot be posted.
Then, the rest of my energy got blown trying to wrangle my 2-yr-old. When I said that we were going to the "store", she thought I meant to my "place of work." (Oh, the good-times that *could* have been had, had I not been the mean Mom that didn't take my dear child to the office.) And screamed about it for 10 minutes. When we went to the store to get the milk, she refused to get out of the car. Then when I surrendered and got back in the car and drove away, she contorted herself and screamed so much that I had to pull over to adjust the seatbelt. She wanted to go back to the store.

For dinner there was no milk. I made a peanut-butter-and jelly sandwich, after removing the mold from the best piece of bread that I could find. We also ate cheese, once I trimmed the mold from that, as well.

I think that Noel is mad at me for provoking the failure of another relationship. She keeps saying "I need Joe daddy" and "I need Joe daddy to come home." I think that I've reached a new low and I've brought my 2-yr-old with me.
(Note: I have never dated a Joe-daddy or even a regular, plain Joe, for that matter. I think that she's referring to a video that she likes about Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. Which makes the story even sadder, in my estimation.)

No comments: