Monday, January 03, 2005

The other side of the world

So, what do ya think? Was it my call to the presidente that sparked him to finally get off his ass and donate a reasonable and useful sum of $$ to the tsunami relief fund? OK, not likely, as I called Washington and our lovely leader was at his ranch in Texas for a full week post Asian earthquake/tsunami disaster. So he probably didn't get my message. In the end, props to him for coming through, despite making the US look like stingy, rich, dicks in the meantime. I guess we have a bad rep anyways, why fix it now?

I really wish that I could earn a living AND be helpful to the tsunami relief effort. I would be there in a second if that could work out. Anyone involved in the relief effort need a biochemist/medical writer/ex-EMT? I'm there if ya do...

No comments: