Wednesday, January 26, 2005

New England dressed in white

CT is closed due to inclement weather today. Really I think that "the man" (or whomever it is that makes these decisions about closings) wanted to build a snowman. The snow is beautiful and fluffy today-not the dangerous, vindicative kind that makes you fear driving and stimulates your back to ache before you consciously ponder finding the snow shovel. I really think that someone with power just wanted to play in the winter wonderland that has appeared outside my window. For me it just means that I have to shush my newly 3-yr-old girl every 2 minutes, as I futilely try to read about poison ivy dermatitis. The lovely lady that works in the office next to me has already called my phone and hung up, and then knocked on my window and mouthed, "Keep it down!" I can't wait to move my office...

3 comments:

Jay said...

Closed? Just closed?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

If I were a boy I'd call CT a "wuss", but since I've never heard a girl utter that word, I'll just say the CT is pretty damn wimpy in my book. They can sorta deal with snow, but they whine and wimper the whole way. So, yes, they closed down yesterday, on my girl's birthday, after we'd spent the previous evening baking cupcakes with blue icing and frosting to bring to her class. The snow that we had was cute and harmless...Canadians would have snickered, had they witnessed.

Jay said...

Aw, you made cupcakes for the class? You are a terrific mom for sure!