Saturday, January 08, 2005

bring on the radiation, I want superpowers

Is it backward to think that I'd be happier if I just cried more? I think that's going to be my new tactic. So far, in my crying zone, I've felt less frustrated, but I have a much redder, puffier face. Although, I'm sure that I notice that more than anyone else...a theory supported by the fact that after being hit by the car and walking into Noel's daycare with tears streaming down my face, her teacher was completely unawares. She thought that I was compaining about being splashed by a passing vehicle when I opened my mouth to explain myself. The next day, when it was clarified that we had been physically hit by an SUV, she began apologizing profusely and said, "Oh, I didn't notice that you'd been crying." Um, OK. I do wish sometimes that I could go completely unnoticed. I used to like wearing glasses back in the day because I felt like I could hide behind them (and to a certain extent, I'm sure people looked at me a little less.) Definitely, the superpowers that I would pick would be invisibility at will.

No comments: